Kishehehn Patrol Cabin

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Kishehehn Patrol Cabin

Post by Tara »

Has anyone hiked back here? Selkie got me intrigued with it!
wnysteve
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: Kishehehn Patrol Cabin

Post by wnysteve »

Yes; I went through the Kishehehn patrol cabin complex on my way out from doing the loop trail which starts on the Boulder Pass trail. There are nice views of the North Fork of the Flathead to the south. Also enough deciduous trees to make it particularly appealing in early autumn. One has to cross Starvation Creek and Kishehehn Creek, which are wadeable with water shoes. There is a small parking area off the Kintla road for the trailhead. There is trail signage as the trail begins, but I don't recall if its visible from the parking spot.
pitamakan
Gender?: Male

Post by pitamakan »

I've been out there several times, and actually got to stay there when I was doing a research project on the station's history. The loop over Starvation Ridge is one of the park's least-used trails and doesn't have many expansive views, but I think it's really lovely and you're not likely to see another person all day. I think it's a very worthwhile hike, and the old station itself is pretty idyllic.

As Steve mentioned, it's a great late summer or autumn hike. It can be tough fording Kishenehn Creek before August, though.

There's an online version of an article I wrote about Kishenehn at this link:

http://issuu.com/um_crown_gye/docs/crow ... ll_2011/15

Let me know if there's anything else you're wondering about!

Mark
toddnick
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by toddnick »

Tara, check my trip report from september 2013, it is titled G8, its like Disneu only real...it is ay the bottom of first page of trip reports....it is Day 6.....posted my Kishenehn Loop journey.....loved it..

Return to “Hiking”