Unexpected Solo...looking for hiking partner(s)

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Unexpected Solo...looking for hiking partner(s)

Post by isleroyaleguy »

My wife and I have been planning/dreaming of our trip to the Wind River Range this summer. We were suppose to drive out to Wyoming next Saturday. But due to unforseen circumstances she will not be able to make our trip. We are both kinda in shock and saddened by this, we were so excited for this year's adventure. But it's not to be.
So here I am with all this vacation time. Been training for it. She told me I should still go. 
So I am. But I am going to hold off on the Winds. I want to share that first time WOW with her next year.
So a great option for me is to.take the Amtrack to GNP and hopefully meet up with some people to hike with. I plan on being in the Park starting September 2 for 8-10 days. 
I hope to get walk up BC permit for 3-4 days through Gunsight Pass. And also hope to meet up with other chatters for possible day hikes.
So if there's anyone out there interested in sharing the trail please lmk.
I have never done anything solo before. Always with my wonderful spouse. So I am trying to prepare to go it alone. But would sure welcome an opportunity to meet and hike with others.
Or if anyone has a open spot on their BC trip. I have 3 years of BC experience in GNP and.a fairly competent hiker. I don't know many other chatters yet but Tim and Laura (Heff and missguinness) can vouch for me. 
So that's it. 
Yay. I get to go to GNP .....albeit alone.
thanks
IRG 

Return to “Hiking”