Two Medicine Climbing Question

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Babyt413
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Two Medicine Climbing Question

Post by Babyt413 »

Hello Chatters!!!

So, my buddy Jake and I are going on some climbs this week.

He wants to do a route in which we summit 6 Peaks in 1 day!!

Scenic Point, Head, Bison, Medicine, Henry and Appistoki is the list and plan.

My question is this. I have never climbed before. Well, unless you consider Scenic Point, Elk and Apgar "climbing".

I am not worried about my physical ability, although this will be quite a workout for my out of shape butt. My "concern" is mentally.

Are any of these "hard, technical" climbs? I know my friend Jake is very smart and would not take a climbing beginner on something too technical or anything. I am just curious as to what I am in for.

Has anyone done these? Or this exact route in a day? Or any of these peaks before?

I would love to hear some opinions and feedback on this! Post here or PM me please!

Thanks everyone!! Happy Hiking! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
paul
Donator
Donator

Re: Two Medicine Climbing Question

Post by paul »

I've done The Head, Bison, Medicine and Henry (up to the Acrete). The first three are class 2 and shouldn't scare you, it's really just steep hiking. The Acrete on Mount Henry scared me enough to turn back. I probably could have done it but I was solo and didn't want to risk it. Later I learned there's a way to go around and avoid it.

I think if your friend is experienced you should go for it. You can always turn around if you aren't comfortable with it.
We are in the mountains and the mountains are in us. - John Muir
Babyt413
Donator
Donator

Post by Babyt413 »

Thanks Paul! The Head, Bison and Medicine are gained from a ridge off Scenic Point, correct? Or is there a different way?
Jen

Post by Jen »

DO IT! And take lots of pics!!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
paul
Donator
Donator

Post by paul »

Babyt413 wrote:Thanks Paul! The Head, Bison and Medicine are gained from a ridge off Scenic Point, correct? Or is there a different way?
You take the the trail to Scenic point and then head out on open plateau meadow area (which is pretty cool). You could skip the Head and Bison and go directly to Medicine. That cuts off some distance.
We are in the mountains and the mountains are in us. - John Muir

Return to “Hiking”