Permit for this summer is submitted

Are you a seasoned hiker, or just starting out? Let us know your questions or experience with the backcountry permit process.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Vegasguzzi
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Permit for this summer is submitted

Post by Vegasguzzi »

Fingers are crossed and now the waiting game. Wait for permit selection and then waiting for the actual trip. Planning for a two week block the last week in August first week of September. Had pretty good luck in last years lottery and hoping for a repeat.
toddnick
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Permit for this summer is submitted

Post by toddnick »

Good luck!!!! :D
Jen

Post by Jen »

Did you build your shrine to the backcountry gods? :arrow:
Vegasguzzi

Post by Vegasguzzi »

Of course the shrine is constructed and the candles are lit.
smahurin

Post by smahurin »

Hmmm... I sent my permit requests in a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if I was being overly optimistic in assuming I'd get at least one of my 2 trip choice (first options) or both. My only previous experience was last summer when I sent in my application the day AFTER the lottery opened. IE, I screwed myself and still got my first choice of campgrounds on a belly river trip the last weekend in July, and my 2nd choice for another trip (atlantic creek/red eagle weekend in late august). So being naive I sent in trip requests for a bolder pass trip and gunsight trip on august weekends (with with different choice backups) and figured there was a pretty good chance I'd get one or both. Obviously its random draw but I take it that its quite a bit harder to nab the trips you request than maybe I had assumed?

Return to “Backcountry Permits”