A couple snaps 10-28-11 North Fork

Even though Glacier is the focal point, the Flathead and the surrounding area presents boundless activities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Pocketlint

A couple snaps 10-28-11 North Fork

Post by Pocketlint »

Hey Everybody!

I was embarrassed to tell y'all earlier but I left my sticks out on the trail between Upper Kintla and kintla on that ill-fated backpack last month :(
Soooooo.....since "Squeeze" wanted to take a drive and "Big Bits", my trusty 30'06 of 50+ years, wanted to take a walk in the woods....I decided to kill three birds at one time and drive to Park Headquarters and check on my sticks. Maybe someone turned them in. After checking and finding out they weren't. I headed across to the North Fork on the Camas Road. Saw nothing in the park.
I parked Squeeze. Me and Big Bits then hiked a 1/2 mile or so up onto Glacier Peak ridge to the first lil flat place where a couple live trees remain. It's a place I come to sometimes to just sit and eat a snack or read. It's about 300ft? above the road. The pics of me were taken there.
I told myself I was "glassing" the river bottom, but I was really just enjoying the view...in spite of the chilly 20-25mph wind on the S/SWfacing side of that ridge.
The other pics of the mountains were over on the N/NE part looking into the park. It was out of the wind here and fewer trees blocking the view.
Nothing new here, but I love coming here since it's so easy and such a nice place to simply ...sit if nothin else :)

pocketlint :wink:

These are looking into the park from the N/NE side of the ridge

Return to “Areas Surrounding Glacier”