Large Knife / Knife Shop near Kalispell?

Well, what's the best and what's the worst? Let's talk about all those things we carry to make our trips more comfortable...

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Tiz
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Large Knife / Knife Shop near Kalispell?

Post by Tiz »

I am wondering whether I should buy a large knife (bear spray back-up ; ) for my GNP trip. For instance, a Cold Steel Black Bear Classic or San Mai Trail Master.

I always wanted to have a large knife and, moreover, they are dirt cheap in the US. Does anyone know a good knife shop close to Kalispell?

Thanks.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Large Knife / Knife Shop near Kalispell?

Post by daveparker »

No, we really don't have a big knife shop here in Kalispell, You could check at Sportsman or Army/Navy, to see what they are carrying, but I order most of my knives off the net. Now buy a knife if you want one, but I would not buy it, with being back up for bear spray as the purpose.

Dave
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

Tiz:

You won't need a big knife backpacking here.
I'd use that big knife, 500g+- weight penalty, to carry more food or more clothing...something you may actually use or need.
All I carry for a knife is a little lightweight alloy 2" folding drop point....and I rarely use it.
I'll gouge the bugger's eyes out if my bear spray doesn't work. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, you can get magnum size bear spray cannisters....$44.95 for the magnum size at Snappy's in Kalispell versus $39.95 for the regular size. I was in there today.

pocketlint :wink:
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Ear Mountain »

IMHO the best knife to carry is one that is small but also has a toothpick, tweezers and scissors on it. My Swiss Army Supertinker fits the bill nicely.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.

Return to “Backpacking Gear and Such”