Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Well, what's the best and what's the worst? Let's talk about all those things we carry to make our trips more comfortable...

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Post by llholmes1948 »

My daughter met the representatives of this company at the Trail Days Festival in Damascus, Virginia recently and they sent her a bunch of gear to test on her Appalachian Trail hike. They are obviously great people. Has anyone on the Chat tried any of their gear?

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/05/ ... your-back/

Here is the link to their website:

http://www.hyperlitemountaingear.com/

Lyman
dorf

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Post by dorf »

Haven't tried their stuff, but a few of the smaller gear makers have been dabbling with the Cuben fiber for a few years now. Personally, I wouldn't pay that kind of money to lose a few ounces of pack weight. Looks like the pack design is a copy of SMD's Swift which is lighter and $145 cheaper. I'd be curious to see how well the gear holds up on the AT as well as on more demanding bushwhacking/off trail use.
So many mountains, so little time.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear

Post by llholmes1948 »

For the first 1,000 miles on the AT, my daughter has used a Gregory Deva pack. If I understand her plans correctly, she will switch to a Hyperlite pack when she gets back on the trail tomorrow.

I don't think she has had any issues with the Gregory Deva pack as far as I know. She did say that their representatives gave her some helpful advice when she talked with them at the Trail Days in Damascus, Virginia.

It will be interesting to see which pack she likes better.

Lyman

Return to “Backpacking Gear and Such”