Teton Pass ski resort

Even though Glacier is the focal point, the Flathead and the surrounding area presents boundless activities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

trevbo
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Teton Pass ski resort

Post by trevbo »

Has anyone skiied at Teton Pass resort outside of Choteau? As ski resorts go, worth checking out? A colleague from mine went down with his family a while back and said it was ok, worth the 4 hr drive from Lethbridge and overnight stay to get there...

Doesn't seem to0 extreme, but on the other hand... claims on their website that the resort is a great destination for back country skiing, which I assume means good powder runs through the trees off the chair lift?

http://missoulian.com/business/local/ar ... 002e0.html

http://tetonpassresort.com/
Chewy

Re: Teton Pass ski resort

Post by Chewy »

I'm hoping to make it over there sometime this year. The new owner has put a lot of money into upgrades for the area and I'd like to see how the area has improved.

A friend from Choteau said that he has seen a lot of Canadian license plates in the parking lot. So apparently the Canadians have discovered the area and its low lift ticket prices (a day pass only costs $20 on Tuesdays).

I have a pass at Big Mountain, and with the fine year we've had I have found it difficult to visit other resorts.

Having not ridden there I can't say how challenging the area is. But a friend said they have a good out-of-bounds policy and there is some challenging terrain within hiking/skiing distance.

Hopefully Ralph will see this and share some of his thoughts on the resort. I'm assuming he skis there?
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by Ear Mountain »

Chewy wrote:Hopefully Ralph will see this and share some of his thoughts on the resort. I'm assuming he skis there?
Sorry, I cross country ski and when skiing high earn my turns by skiing uphill. Haven't been to Teton Pass in many years.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
trevbo

Post by trevbo »

Thanks for the reply Chewie, lemme know what you think of the place if you make it this year. I am intrigued by the high base elevation... must have good snow! Not a huge vertical though from base to top of chair, but still looks like a fun resort to check out.

Return to “Areas Surrounding Glacier”