Moderators: teapot57, Tara

missguinness
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Big Mountain Lodge - Whitefish

Post by missguinness »

While I didn't stay here nor did I get a review from Heff, Tara suggested that I write about my experience with them. Heff, NDJason, and a newbie decided to come out of the back country a day early on Sunday. Paul, who was picking them up on Monday, had their wallets so they had no credit cards or drivers license on them. I booked them room at Big Mountain Lodge through CheapTickets. I was able to get Big Mountain Lodge's phone number and called them to explain the situation. They had 3 guys with no ID or credit card checking in that night! They couldn't have been nicer. They took my information and made note on their reservation to that fact. When I talked to Heff, he said they had no problem checking in. As I said, while I can't attest to the hotel, I can say with certainty that the front desk was more than helpful to get these 3 stranded backpackers a room. :lol:
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Big Mountain Lodge - Whitefish

Post by Kathy »

Thanks, Laura!!! That's the kind of thing I, personally, like to know, as those are the places I like to patronize!
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!
missguinness
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Big Mountain Lodge - Whitefish

Post by missguinness »

The guys were able to finagle some money and the shuttle driver for the Lodge drove Tim to the grocery store. He said it is a former Holiday Inn Express. It was clean and they were VERY nice at the front desk. He said he would definitely stay there again because of how nice and helpful they were to these stranded backpackers! :lol:
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo

Return to “Lodging”