Trip Review Sept 16 - 22 (long)

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

MarxMN
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by MarxMN »

A day two in Waterton gives a different perspective of the Glacier area. The Prince of Wales Hotel is unique. The town of Waterton is inside the national park. One can take the boat on Waterton Lake back into the U.S. There are some great short hikes - the Bear's Hump is a steep climb but short with a great view of the town and lake. Drive to Cameron Lake and walk along the right side of the lake. Walk the Cartherw-Sumit trail to Sumit Lake. The total Carthew-Sumit trail is great but 12 miles. For food, try Pizza of Waterton. However, it is a separate park from Glacier with its own entrance fee. One also must go through Customs both ways.
JohnsonA
Please add the numbers(11): 0

senja

Post by JohnsonA »

senja
I like the sound of what dorf suggested. We were in Glacier this summer for the first time. We stayed at Swiftcurrent and loved it. The room was adequate and the vibe wonderful.

We put a large trip report and several pictures on our website. There's a good look at the Hidden Overlook trail, Grinnell Glacier trail and Red Rock Falls trail on there so you can see what they look like. I think all 3 easily fit your hiking plans. We would have put pictures of Iceberg Lake as well but the bears kept the trails closed.

The signature tells where to find it.
We put a fairly extensive trip report for Yellowstone and Glacier on our website http://WWW.AlandSueJohnson.com and recently added a June 07 YNP trip. Look in the menu at the top of the home page.
senja7

Booked my flight tonight to Kalispell

Post by senja7 »

Thanks dorf, Go Ducks, Marxmn and JohnsonA for all your help and everyone elses comments on this forum. I just booked our flights for July 21-31, 2007. Also booked two nights at Jacobson Cottages before they fill up. I called Jacobson tonight to see if they had availability and they said they had 3 rooms left for the nights I wanted so I called back and booked them. Now I just want to call Swiftcurrent Motel and get 4 nights there and perhaps 2 nights at Apgar.

JohnsonA I found your link on trip advisor and read about the great trip you had at Glacier. We originally were going to go to Alaska as you originally planned, but decided it would be pretty expensive so now we're heading for Glacier!

Senja
JohnsonA

You'll love it

Post by JohnsonA »

senja7
I'd like to get to Alaska sometime but we have no regrets. Glacier is wonderful and you'll love it. We're still deciding what to do next summer. Currently in negotiations with my wife since some other things happened and we can now go somewhere.
We put a fairly extensive trip report for Yellowstone and Glacier on our website http://WWW.AlandSueJohnson.com and recently added a June 07 YNP trip. Look in the menu at the top of the home page.

Return to “Trip Reports”