Couple of reviews from recent trip

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

July Guy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Couple of reviews from recent trip

Post by July Guy »

rjm wrote:I used to like Eddie's in Apgar. The The burger was $12, substitute fries for chips for an extra $1.50.
Unless they have not updated their website, I looks like you got the 'special' menu. :?

Eddie Brewster’s Beef Burger ~ 6.99
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

July Guy wrote: The Izaak Walton is a 'Historic Lodge and Year-round Resort'. You might expect a less transient and more attentive staff. Eddie's is a burger joint. Maybe the new owners are trying to 'fancy up' Eddie's, but that's not what people go there for.

Regarding the memorabilia. Sometimes when a family parts with an asset things can get a little ugly. I believe that many items (which I too loved to look at) were considered family property and not part of the sale (photos from the 1964 flood for example). The lady was in her 60s, had had enough, and decided to sell. That's about what I know..
Good points. Maybe the new owners need to hang around ebay and pick up some replacement memorabilia. Of course that may not resolve the menu prices and reports of poor service.

Lyman
flatlander
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by flatlander »

For a $6.99 burger, Eddie's is back on my list.

With regard to memorabilia, Brian Kelly bought Eddie's at least 2 or 3 years ago, and the memorabilia was still up last September when I last visited the Park, so it was not removed as part of the sale as suggested here. If everyone misses the memorabilia, they should let it be known to management (I'll do my part as I am headed to GNP tomorrow).
rjm

Post by rjm »

For a $6.99 burger it would be back on my list, too. Even though fries are extra. But that's the lunch menu, which stops at 4:30. They declined to allow us to order from the lunch menu at 8:00 pm. I see the menu lists the dinner buger at $10.99, but i think it was $12 when we were there in mid-August.

At 4:30 we were still on the Cracker Lake trail. That's an easy walk, the lake is beautiful, we explored the mine (that takes about 10 minutes), and examined the remains of the mill. Didn't go swimming.
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

flatlander wrote:For a $6.99 burger, Eddie's is back on my list.

With regard to memorabilia, Brian Kelly bought Eddie's at least 2 or 3 years ago, and the memorabilia was still up last September when I last visited the Park, so it was not removed as part of the sale as suggested here. If everyone misses the memorabilia, they should let it be known to management (I'll do my part as I am headed to GNP tomorrow).
Let us know what you find out! A memorabilia mystery.
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

rjm wrote:For a $6.99 burger it would be back on my list, too. Even though fries are extra. But that's the lunch menu, which stops at 4:30. They declined to allow us to order from the lunch menu at 8:00 pm. I see the menu lists the dinner buger at $10.99, but i think it was $12 when we were there in mid-August.
I wonder if the dinner burger is the same thing as the lunch burger, just served later, or is it super special? Has anyone seen both to compare?

The purchase and sale agreement for the sale of Eddies must have carefully spelled out what was included in the sale. If the memorabilia was there for a year or so after the sale, I would assume that it was included unless there was a special provision allowing the new owners to keep it in place for some time or allowing the seller extra time to retrieve it but a year would be a bit long.

Lyman
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

Regarding the memorabilia. Sometimes when a family parts with an asset things can get a little ugly. I believe that many items (which I too loved to look at) were considered family property and not part of the sale (photos from the 1964 flood for example). The lady was in her 60s, had had enough, and decided to sell. That's about what I know..
That makes complete sense...thanks Dave! If I had been the owner selling it I would have wanted to take those things too. I didn't even think of that.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”