High Line Trail???

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

fanvan
Please add the numbers(11): 0

High Line Trail???

Post by fanvan »

Any ideas about when the trail may open---I have reservations at Granite Park for June 30---I have been in YNP and GTNP for the past two weeks, with minimal internet--will only have it for 2 more days and will not be in W Glacier KOA until 6/25 before I have internet ---Maybe?? I know the loop will be open but I prefer the HI-Line. Appreciate any help---thanks Jack
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: High Line Trail???

Post by Ear Mountain »

Tough to say without first hand knowledge but here's the info from the Glacier National Park Trail Status Page:
Logan Pass - Granite Park Chalet/ 7.6 mi.
Initial clearing scheduled for: 6/30/09. 256
Safety handline cable: Scheduled to installed 6/30/09. 256
Snow Cover: N/A
Trees Down: N/A
As long as snow conditions permit the trail could be good to go around the time you want to hike it or maybe the day after. Check before starting out though.

If it is closed the day you hike in perhaps you could hike in via the Loop then hike out to Logan Pass. All this assuming that the road opens across the pass as well.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: High Line Trail???

Post by Hockey Ref »

I would think, although I'm not certain, that the Highline will remain closed at least as long as the GTTS Road remains closed at Logan Pass. The Rimrock area typically is the place that would pose the most danger if it has not melted out.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."

Return to “Camping”