mail drop off

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

sam
Please add the numbers(11): 0

mail drop off

Post by sam »

If one wants to mail some camping gear for pickup rather than tote it all on a plane...is there a post office or other location that can accomodate that?

I know this has been posted before but I could not find the thread. :?
lcrans

Re: mail drop off

Post by lcrans »

sam wrote:If one wants to mail some camping gear for pickup rather than tote it all on a plane...is there a post office or other location that can accomodate that?

I know this has been posted before but I could not find the thread. :?

I might volunteer to receive and hold stuff for you if Bigfork isn't too far out of your way....PM me and maybe we could arrange something.......
Larry C.
Echo Lake

"Here is where God sat when he made America...", (Tom Dillon, 1912)
Talusman
Donator
Donator

Post by Talusman »

Last summer I sent some papers to myself by having a neighbor sening them to me at "general delivery" West Glacier and the zip code. I picked them up at the post office in West Glacier.
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

My brother sent some stuff to the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn ahead of our arrival there several years ago, and we picked it up upon check-in. Not sure if you could do this without a reservation however.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
sam

Post by sam »

thanks for the info!
B2Randolph
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by B2Randolph »

I too have been trying to figure out how to ship camping equipment, etc. to Glacier especially with the airlines cracking down more and more on the weight of your luggage.

I am presuming there is no "rental" place on either East or West side where you can rent tent, backpack, sleeping bag, etc?

Becky
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

B2Randolph wrote:I too have been trying to figure out how to ship camping equipment, etc. to Glacier especially with the airlines cracking down more and more on the weight of your luggage.

I am presuming there is no "rental" place on either East or West side where you can rent tent, backpack, sleeping bag, etc?

Becky

Try here:

http://www.glacierraftco.com/rentals.htm
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker
sam

Post by sam »

B2Randolph wrote:I too have been trying to figure out how to ship camping equipment, etc. to Glacier especially with the airlines cracking down more and more on the weight of your luggage.

Becky
Becky
There are rentals on the West side...see link
Sam
http://www.glacierraftco.com/rentals.htm

July guy beat me...by a nose, but I cant delete, sorry.
grizzlyguy

Post by grizzlyguy »

Sam,

If you are going to be on the East side I can offer to receive and hold it. I'm in East Glacer Park and fairly easy to find. Odds are I'm here or in Two Medicine.

-- Another Sam
B2Randolph
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by B2Randolph »

Thanks July Guy & Grizzly Guy

I will keep both of your suggestions and offers handy if and when I get to visit Glacier again - hopefully this year, but nothing firm yet. Glad to know though that I do have alternatives.

Becky
bryanonfilm

Post by bryanonfilm »

Both Swiftcurrent Motor Inn and Many Glacier Hotel will hold mail drops for hikers, without having a reservation. I'm not sure on the size of the box. And there is a post office in Lake Macdonald and St. Mary, who can hold smaller boxes for you. I just made these calls yesterday for my hike this coming month, so it's pretty up to date! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
mellicon

Post by mellicon »

There are post offices in Babb and Two Medicine as well. I'd heard about sending things "General Delivery" on other board, so I asked if they would accept such deliveries, and they said they would. Never actually done it though...

Return to “Camping”