lodging at Many Glacier

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

jane

lodging at Many Glacier

Post by jane »

ok, so now we have our back country permits and we were hoping to stay at the Swiftcurrent at the end of our hike but they are all filled up. Do es anyone have any ideas for how to get a room inthe future when you can't predict when your hiking dates will be?
sj in cal
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by sj in cal »

That's a tough one. I had the same problem this year with my reservation at granite park chalet. You might consider camping at the Many Glacier campground
dorf
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by dorf »

Does anyone have any ideas for how to get a room inthe future when you can't predict when your hiking dates will be?
Yeah, that's a problem. In 2004 we lucked out and got the last two rooms at both the Many Glacier Hotel and Glacier park Lodge the night getting off the trail.

I have no solution for you either other than to wish you good luck.
So many mountains, so little time.
Ref

Post by Ref »

Just fyi, I called last September to book reservations at Swiftcurrent for this coming late July/early August and found that the type of accommodation I wanted was already gone. Keep trying. You never know when someone might cancel. Otherwise, you might luck out with a walk-in the day you arrive. Otherwise, your best bet is the Many Glacier campground.

Good luck.

Hockey Ref
jiminmt
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jiminmt »

If you have the time, keep calling the reservation line. The closer you get to the trip date the better chance you have of snaring a canceled reservation. We did this several years ago when we wanted to a Glacier trip and stay in the lodges rather than the campgrounds. Eventually we got everyplace we wanted.

JimInMT
goose

Post by goose »

Still calling 2x/day to book many glacier hotel in July with no luck...
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

Don't give up! Last year I was calling in July for prime August reservations and I got them...maybe not the exact thing I wanted but close. Good luck!

Return to “Lodging”