Lost post content poll

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Have you ever lost the content of a post you were about to submit?

Yes!!!
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

zozeppelin
Special Contributor
Special Contributor
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Lost post content poll

Post by zozeppelin »

Just joined the "The solution you provided was incorrect" club! On a PM. I took awhile to write it, so perhaps a timeout? Although I wasn't prompted for credentials (nor captcha). Chrome.
FuzzySideDown
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Lost post content poll

Post by FuzzySideDown »

Thanks for the heads up Zozeppelin. The current session timeout is at 1 hour at the moment. Do you think you might have exceeded that perhaps? I can bump that up some if needed. I'll try 2 hours, particularly with some long trip report's that get put together and see if that helps. If you think you might run quite long, hitting the preview button may help reset your session timing perhaps, though it's not really a "fix" for something like that, so much as perhaps a bit of a work around for session timeouts, but I have used that with good luck for myself. I just bumped the session timeout up to 2 hours. I'll try and keep an eye on memory usage to see if any issue arise from that. I know we're generally running pretty high already, but hopefully this wont add to that by too much. We'll play it by ear and see.

When you say you weren't prompted for credentials, do you mean never? Might you have the "Remember Me" checkbox checked? I believe you can reset that by manually logging out, or editing your "Remember me" settings in the User Control Panel / Profile tab if you need to.

Regarding the Captcha, we're currently using the Google ReCaptcha v3 that is the hidden captcha to try an be as unobtrusive as possible. You should see this image in the lower right hand corner of interactive screens like posting or PM's and logins to tell you if the captcha is there. It wont be there while just generally browsing posts.
Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 6.58.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 6.58.19 PM.png (12.15 KiB) Viewed 125 times

That error message should be coming from the captcha processing code, so I would guess that it was there perhaps, but I could be wrong. I will see about adjusting your permissions regarding the captcha, and give you an update with a PM.

If others are still seeing that message, please let me know...

Thanks!
Kyle...
🧊🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”