Camping Gear and Plane Travel?

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

johnnmurray
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Camping Gear and Plane Travel?

Post by johnnmurray »

It was much easier getting to the rental car counter (and returning) than lugging along another huge bag of gear. Amen!

Mr. Google says there's a ups store in Columbia falls and it looks like it's next to a super 1. Sounds like a solution that'll work for me!
"Go Murray State"
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

Hey John:
Welcome to GNP chat :)
There's also a UPS store in Whitefish. I've gotten my mail there for 10 years. Nice people running it too.

pocketlint :wink:

PS

As you saw, I didn't like Thorlos either :wink:
johnnmurray
Donator
Donator

Post by johnnmurray »

Thanks PL, glad to have found this site, lot's of kewl 8) people here.
I'm finding answers to so many of my questions as I read :shock: through the posts.
I find this :idea: very interesting!
"Go Murray State"
Stev

Post by Stev »

I also think that UPS is the best way to go. It's more convenient. No hassle at all. You can send home your dirty stuff and all those stuff you think only adds to the weight of your backpack.
griffin
Gender?: Female

Post by griffin »

jennymac wrote:I'm sharing this advice from Toddnick that I think is a very good idea for packing camping stuff:

If you know anyone with a golf club bag use that; it's what I use, even though I don't use hiking poles, it fits my camp chair so I put all my camping gear in it.

It holds as least as much volume as a large suitcase!!!!
Just got back from our trip to Glacier, and I can vouch for the golf bag approach - fit all kinds of oddly-shaped stuff, with no straps flailing around to get caught in the machinery. It MAY tempt you to over-pack, though, so be careful if your flying on an airline that likes to soak you for having the nerve to carry luggage.

We also used the UPS store in Columbia Falls to ship our bear spray home (we just stopped at the first one we saw leaving the park on the last day). Very helpful gentleman and the counter.

Return to “Camping”