Some Time Lapses and Stills

Glacier presents some great photographic opportunities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

gnp_photo
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Some Time Lapses and Stills

Post by gnp_photo »

Here is a video that I threw together today. All are my shots and footage, a small percentage of what I've collected over the past few years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-FD3RqEjE

Unlisted video, you'll need to link to find it. Be sure to watch in HD 720. I will probably take it offline in a couple months...

Always willing to accept suggestions and criticism.
Pocketlint

Re: Some Time Lapses and Stills

Post by Pocketlint »

I liked it all. music and everything. well done. I love time lapse stuff.

pocketlint :wink:
Jay w

Post by Jay w »

I had the sound off, so no comments on that. I really liked the time lapse stuff. I wondered how you did the zoom and panning. The flying photos at the beginning was cool, but i didn't really look at any of the images. So I'm not sure if you wanted the viewer to see the images or not. Anyway, cool stuff.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
toddnick
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by toddnick »

Exceptional!!!!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Great photography and time-lapse videos....wonderful use of clouds and colors.... :mrgreen:
gnp_photo
Donator
Donator

Post by gnp_photo »

thank you for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. I should add that even though all the photos are mine, I do not have anything to do with the music in the background, I just liked those two tracks by the french duo that goes by the name "Justice".
I had the sound off, so no comments on that. I really liked the time lapse stuff. I wondered how you did the zoom and panning. The flying photos at the beginning was cool, but i didn't really look at any of the images. So I'm not sure if you wanted the viewer to see the images or not. Anyway, cool stuff.

Jay
I wasn't concerned with the beginning images flying toward the camera, that's a group of about 400 random from my glacier library and a neat effect i just learned how to do.

the zooming and panning is possible because the time lapses are taken at a resolution of 4000px wide by 2248px tall. When scaled down to 48% they are full HD 1920x1080. However if you don't scale them all the way down you can zoom and pan without losing any quality. The video itself was rendered at 1280x720 so in theory I could have done way more panning and zooming. There are also apparatuses that you can purchase that will slowly rotate your camera over time while taking shots, however those get pretty pricey pretty fast and are a bit bulky for hiking with.
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female

Post by calicotraveler »

I just saw this for the first time today. Fabulous! What software did you use? I really like the way you had the video part speeded up. Also the effects with the still shots. Thanks for sharing! :)
The mountains are calling and I must go.
gnp_photo
Donator
Donator

Post by gnp_photo »

calicotraveler,

Thanks for the kind words, question answered via private message.
Jeff E
Donator
Donator

Post by Jeff E »

I really liked the time lapse of Iceberg Lake with the people. The people give the icebergs scale. How much time (in real time) would you say was captured during that segment? I was amazed to see people walking out on the icebergs, not something I am brave (or stupid) enough to do.
gnp_photo
Donator
Donator

Post by gnp_photo »

I really liked the time lapse of Iceberg Lake with the people. The people give the icebergs scale. How much time (in real time) would you say was captured during that segment? I was amazed to see people walking out on the icebergs, not something I am brave (or stupid) enough to do.
Jeff E,

Thanks for watching and the kind words. The entire time lapse was taken over about 1 hour and 40 minutes. The segment in that video is about 15 seconds long, which might be about 45 minutes or so of real time since I did speed it up for that video.

Here is the full iceberg time lapse in full 1080HD if you want to view it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtGwgdw3Es0

It's just under a minute long.
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female

Post by calicotraveler »

That was fun watching! Amazing there were so many people actually getting in the water (quickly) at all.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
Tsmith

Post by Tsmith »

gnp_photo wrote:
Jeff E,

Thanks for watching and the kind words. The entire time lapse was taken over about 1 hour and 40 minutes. The segment in that video is about 15 seconds long, which might be about 45 minutes or so of real time since I did speed it up for that video.

Here is the full iceberg time lapse in full 1080HD if you want to view it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtGwgdw3Es0

It's just under a minute long.
That was funny watching all the people.
Visit my Glacier NP Photo Gallery and leave comments if you like, thanks!

Return to “Photography”