Getting "To" and "From" Glacier

Even though Glacier is the focal point, the Flathead and the surrounding area presents boundless activities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Getting "To" and "From" Glacier

Post by Tara »

I know the summer season isn't too far off but for anyone driving out from the east - please note that you will have a very hard time (as in probably impossible) to get a room last-minute in places like Minot, Williston, Glendive, Dickinson (ND), Medora (ND) etc. I've been told it's due to oil workers and also people displaced by flooding. I had a friend who had to drive an extra 250 miles last night to get a room because they hadn't booked ahead and we heard other people talking about it as we traveled last month. I had a hard time finding a room in Billings late July, trying to book a few days ahead of time. If you're going through western ND and eastern MT, you should probably consider finding something before that day. Just a heads up!
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Getting "To" and "From" Glacier

Post by llholmes1948 »

Tara,

A friend just emailed me that it is difficult to get accomodations in Cut Bank due to oil exploration on the Blackfeet Reservation. I wonder if people have found it difficult to get accomodations in East Glacier, St. Mary or Babb this summer.

Lyman
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

I have heard, that even here in Kalispell the room availability is getting scarce this summer, there are allot of people in town this year and the hotels are booking at max capacity most days.
Jay w
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Jay w »

I wish I had read this before our trip. (Still working on the trip report.)

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

A friend of mine has been living the last year in the North Dakota oil patch...in his camper trailer. :shock:
No housing of any kind available. Motels, apartments, nothing.
Making good money though.

pocketlint :wink:

Return to “Areas Surrounding Glacier”