Is it Spring yet? Not at Marias Pass :)

Even though Glacier is the focal point, the Flathead and the surrounding area presents boundless activities, talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Pocketlint

Is it Spring yet? Not at Marias Pass :)

Post by Pocketlint »

Hey everybody!!

I was a lil bored so I rode up US 2 to Marias Pass to see if Spring was coming yet :)
I'll let you decide. It runs about 6-7 mins. Camera has no viewfinder is why angle, etc may seem like I was drunk or somethin.

Sorry about the constant shifts in audio levels. You'll have to turn up volume when I'm away from camera.....turn it down when when I'm close. Sorry for that inconvenience :(

Lots of birds at that stop at MP167. You can hear them in background. I spooked some Canada Geese right below me but their honking didn't get picked up. Saw one Bald Eagle flying in the snow. Bunch of Whitetails...all too far for camera.

Make sure to set your YouTube resolution to 1080p. I look much better :) Go make a cupa while it buffers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItTqt4X2g4

pocketlint :wink:
toddnick
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Is it Spring yet? Not at Marias Pass :)

Post by toddnick »

My favorite quote from the video..."it's still fun to come out here though"....exactly how I felt in September when the rain and snow were constant and I had several nights without a campfire...

Well done....the Spring will come and July portends some great things!!!! :D
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Is it Spring yet? Not at Marias Pass :)

Post by llholmes1948 »

Pete,

Great video and thanks for posting it. I forwarded it to a friend who grew up in Cut Bank and he replied that of course it is Spring because the road is wet. If was Winter, he said the road would be dry. (Maybe that is a bit simplistic!)

Lyman

Return to “Areas Surrounding Glacier”