charlie's and cattle baron now open

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

scott-atl
Donator
Donator

charlie's and cattle baron now open

Post by scott-atl »

just got back last night. boards came off both places on tuesday.
Jen

Re: charlie's and cattle baron now open

Post by Jen »

:|
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Kathy »

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

(I can almost taste my filet! :mrgreen: )
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!
Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Tara »

And I can almost taste my entire meal! I love their potatoes and veggies too (and the kids love the pizza from Charlies that they so kindly send TO the Cattle Baron!). Now, I better plan a trip, huh?
Apikuni
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Apikuni »

Can't wait to go back there this summer to be ignored for 20 mins, served the wrong beer, totally blow off the appetizer we ordered, not served another beer till we finish the one we have because they don't have enough clean glasses AND have the best steak on the planet! :shock:
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

I can hardly wait to eat there! I got a very memorable, HUGE steak with some very delicious potatoes and veggies. Service has been good every time we've been there. However, we usually come early in the evening so things haven't gotten really busy yet. I'm wondering if they get their beef from the cattle we see grazing in the area.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
Apikuni
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Apikuni »

They get their beef from Helena. Asked em last time I ate there. You must've been there on a drinking day not a hang over day :lol:
Tara

Post by Tara »

can hardly wait to eat there! I got a very memorable, HUGE steak with some very delicious potatoes and veggies. Service has been good every time we've been there. However, we usually come early in the evening so things haven't gotten really busy yet. I'm wondering if they get their beef from the cattle we see grazing in the area
I've been there many times too, usually when they were pretty busy...service has always been good and the food has always been wonderful. I know we weren't the first that they offered to order pizza for kids who weren't really excited about the menu. How many restaurants do that? I've had better service there, more reliably, than at the Park Cafe (which I love regardless...). So while I know there are some who complain about this place, I personally can't relate at all...it's always been amazing and fabulous for us.
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

I agree....nothing but positive experiences here!
The mountains are calling and I must go.
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

Apikuni wrote:Can't wait to go back there this summer to be ignored for 20 mins, served the wrong beer, totally blow off the appetizer we ordered, not served another beer till we finish the one we have because they don't have enough clean glasses AND have the best steak on the planet! :shock:

I had much the same experience(BAD service) the last time I went to the Cattle Baron back in like 2004...the difference was my $30.00 steak was awful and so was my dates steak. I don't intend to go back until I'm sure something has changed for the better.

Seems the Cattle Baron isn't very consistent in its service or appeal here :wink:

I might add that I ate at Eddies with out of state guests back on June 30th on my recommendation.

The service from our waitress was shockingly, embarrassingly bad. She managed to get everyones order wrong, long waits, no water until we asked several times. It was truly BAD service. The only good thing was the food.

pocketlint

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”