Snow in Alabama

Looking for weather information?

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Heff936
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Heff936 »

Hi Ref: We are hanging in enjoying the winter display. Laura is getting two days off from school and I'm working from home. I just wish it wasn't going to be sol cold tomorrow becuase I want to go cross country skiiing. I may have to brave the cold to ski anyway, but it's never as much fun in single digit temperatures. I made onve venture out to drive up to my dads to look after his animals. He left for Florida for 8 days on Monday. Talk about good timing. The roads were pretty slick but the traffic was light and driving sanely for change. With all the blowing snow, there will be a lot of impassable roads by morning. it seems like another good day to stay in and enjoy the view. How are you and yours holding up?
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

Fine here. Shoveled snow twice yesterday, and with all the blowing and drifting you can't tell I did a thing this morning. But it's very pretty out. If I can make it to Holliday or Eagle Creek, I might go with a camera.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Hey Hockey Ref, do you think you can arrange for some of that snow to be sent back west towards us? The annual John Beargrease Sleddog race from Duluth to Grand Portage was canceled for the first time in it's history due to lack of snow. I'm sure there are others here who'd like to see some more of the white stuff.
TNsoccer07

Post by TNsoccer07 »

The roads were pretty slick but the traffic was light and driving sanely for change.
Heff & Hockey Ref: I guess only a blizzard could do that! Seriously, I hate driving around Indianapolis, especially at rush hour. I'm planning to head your way Friday and coming back Monday. I'm going to visit my sister and my 2-month-old niece. They live in Fishers and said they had 13 inches. Sounds like perfect cross-country skiing, indeed! I hope the roads are okay by Friday or we might have to delay the trip. If you're out skiing, have fun!
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Hockey Ref »

I saw a X-country skier today in one of our local parks!
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hey you superbowl people, How much snow do you guys normaly get. is this unusual? You would not believe the great X -country ski areas we have here in south eastern wi,
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Hockey Ref »

12 inches is a lot all at once for us. A typical snow is 3-4 inches. A good one is six. We only average about 22-24 inches for an entire winter.
Hockey Ref

Return to “Weather”