Large RV Into Two Medicine Area

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Garfield
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Large RV Into Two Medicine Area

Post by Garfield »

Any problem with getting a large RV into the Two Medicine area? What about Many Glacier?
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Re: Large RV Into Two Medicine Area

Post by July Guy »

both campgrounds have a few sites for Those Things.

There is a vehicle length restriction on 49, north of the Two Medicine Junction of 21 feet. That stretch of road was washed out for some of our time there last month.
"So how was your trip to Minnesota, or Canada, or wherever it is you go?"

~ Coworker
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

Going from U.S. 2 to Many Glacier, it would be best to go to Browning and take Route 89, or better yet, Route 464, the Duck Lake Road. Route 89 does have some slow and winding sections south of St. Mary. Not so with route 464.

Lyman
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

How large an RV, what you consider large, might be pretty reasonable to a person who worked in that business for many years...

How Large is your RV? I have seen as large as 35 footers in many of the campgrounds, but the spaces that will handle them are very few....If your that large, you might look for a place right outside the park, like one of the KOA campgrounds or the various others in the area....are you towing a car, or is this a trailer?

Dave
Montana09
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Montana09 »

The large RV's at Two Medicine tend to hang out at the end of the loop, back along the river area(drive along Prey Lake and you will see the sites). There are some very long open spots. You should not have a problem if you get there early enough. I also wouldn't take a large RV up Looking Glass Mountain either(the direct route from St. Mary to Two Medicine).
Garfield

Post by Garfield »

Thanks for the information. My motor home is 35ft, the section of road that I had no information on was the short strietch from East Glacier into Two Medicine. Coming down from St Mary/Many Glacier I would go via Babb, Duck Lake Road, Browning and #2 highway to East Glacier. Last year was my first visit in over 50 years, be back again in a couple of weeks. Just spent a week in the other Glacier Park.

Return to “Camping”