Showers - Swift Current

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Ozarks
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Showers - Swift Current

Post by Ozarks »

Does anyone know the current prices of showers at Swift Current and if it includes a towel?
toddnick
Donator
Donator

Re: Showers - Swift Current

Post by toddnick »

I believe that it was $1.25 or $1.75 last year in September, I'm not sure which but still fairly reasonable compared to other parks like Yellowstone/Grand Teton. You cannot use cash, you need to go to the camp store and buy tokens (if you are staying at Swiftcurrent cabins you get a free token for each day). The tokens are good for 8 1/2 minutes of water and they do shut off without warning at that point. If you need a long shower after a tough or cold hike I would recommend having extra tokens. The water pressure and hot water is very good and at least when I was there in September they were also very clean for a campground shower. You do not get a towel.
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

Also, the temperature controls are set in the reverse direction compared to most showers. :? I kept thinking there was no hot water. It took me a couple of times to figure it out! :shock:
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Ozarks

Post by Ozarks »

Thanks. The price is very reasonable in my opinion. We will be camping July 5-7 at Many Glacier. So I need to pack some towels, warn everyone about the controls and have them practice an 8 minute shower.
sj in cal
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by sj in cal »

I agree the showers are clean all things considered, but I'd still recommend some flip flops.

Return to “Camping”