Just back a few days ago.

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

judyJudy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Just back a few days ago.

Post by judyJudy »

Hello everyone!
We just got back late on Friday night. It was another wonderful trip to GNP. It gets harder and harder to leave each year.

In a nutshell, we did a lot and saw some new areas in the process. Bryan did a 4 day backcountry trip with 3 of his buddies in the 1st half of our vacation. They had a great time in the Triple Divide vacinity. At one point the guys were able to see plumes of smoke still smoldering.

Our son and I kept ourselves busy in their absence and did plenty of hiking in the Many Glacier area this year and at Logan Pass. We also ate at the Park Cafe for the first time. I know its hard to believe we went this long w/o ever going in. You all are so right. The pies were delicious!

When we arrived in the park we were greeted with 80 degree weather, but by the time we left, we were wearing our sweaters and the peaks of the mtns. were getting snow. It was beautiful to be there for the drastic change.

We also had the pleasure of seeing and speaking to good old Ranger Doug again. For those of you who are fans of Ranger Doug, he turned 80 years old this past Spring and is still going strong as ever! He truly is a wonderful man and a great asset to the park!

Our plans to return next Summer were set in stone way before we left. We plan to be there the 1st two weeks of August next summer. Now we just need to wait it out. I think its gonna be a long year. Its a good thing we have this page to turn to.

We hope everyone had a great summer vacation and hope to cross paths with you on the trails someday.
Warm regards,
Judy
Kathy
Donator
Donator

I know what you mean....

Post by Kathy »

Judy - I know what you mean about it getting harder and harder to leave each year! Sounds like you had a great time! What hikes did you do over in Many? As far as the PC (Park Cafe), did you find your favorite pie? Too bad our trips JUST missed each other - you came back late on Friday, 9/1 and we left late on Friday, 9/1. Sounds like next year, our trips may overlap....look forward to perhaps seeing you out there!
judyJudy
Donator
Donator

Post by judyJudy »

Hiya Kathy,
Both my son and I loved their ice cream pies at the Park Cafe and my husband liked the razzle dazzle (I think that is what it was called). I also really liked the fresh strawberry pie. So Yummy!

I have not spent a lot of time hiking in the Many Glaicer area and made it a point to do more this year. To our disapointment some of the trials we wanted to do were closed but we were able to get up to Red Rocks Falls, which was a fun jaunt. We hope to do Grinnell next year among others, possibly.

Wow, it does sound like are trips did just miss each other this year. That would be great to meet up next near if our trips overlap. Keep us all posted on what your intentions are next summer. Sounds like it will truly be a whole new adventure for you and the Glacier Girls. Will the rest of them be doing a Backcountry trip or will most of them stick to day hikes?
-Judy-

Return to “Trip Reports”