Will anyone be at Many Glacier cg on July 28?

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Tara
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Will anyone be at Many Glacier cg on July 28?

Post by Tara »

Hi everyone,
Will anyone be camping (or staying at Swiftcurrent) on Monday July 28th? I didn't think I'd have issues getting a campsite, but I think we are going to head up to the Yaak Wilderness Festival on the 26th and will then be driving all the way to MG on the 28th and I can't get a room at either Swiftcurrent or MG Hotel. Is anyone going to be around who would be willing to grab a campsite for us? I'd pay you ahead of time or when we get in that night. If you can help please send me an email/pm. THANK YOU!
(Note: date changed)
J.Peter
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: Will anyone be at Many Glacier cg on July 28?

Post by J.Peter »

You could always do the KOA in St Mary.
I realize that it is not as romantic as anything in the Park however - they do have warm showers and it is within Walking distance to the Park Cafe?
sj in cal

Post by sj in cal »

Tara,
My dates aren't firm, but I was thinking 29th or maybe a day after or before. I'll let you know when it gets close. Are you ready for Shangri La on the 30th?
Steve
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Kathy »

Tara, Tara, Tara......you KNOW I'll be there and would sooooooooo be willing to nab a site for one of my favorite families!!! :D
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!
Tara

Post by Tara »

Tara, Tara, Tara......you KNOW I'll be there and would sooooooooo be willing to nab a site for one of my favorite families!!!
I knew you'd be in the park but wasn't sure where you'd be. You would need to be over at MG by 8 or so to get us a site. Let's talk...I was actually hoping to convince you to head up to the Yaak with us. But I know you won't leave Glacier :?
Otherwise, Steve, keep me posted on your dates and maybe that will work too. As for Shangri-la on the 30th...are you planning that? I thought I'd heard another date somewhere. I would do partway with you...but Jack can't do the whole thing (unless someone wants to volunteer to hike it with a 58 pound child on their shoulders :) ). I'd be happy even getting partway!
Tara

Post by Tara »

You could always do the KOA in St Mary.
I realize that it is not as romantic as anything in the Park however - they do have warm showers and it is within Walking distance to the Park Cafe?

I thought of that too and may end up going that route. But its so much easier to be walking distance at the motor inn or have someone get me a site. I could never be at the KOA more than one night. Many Glacier Campground is literally my home away from home and my kids feel that way too. Even the Park Cafe can't compete with that! But then again, I'm not quite the pie addict that Kathy is. Now those steaks at the Cattle Baron...THERE is something I could get addicted to!
sj in cal

Post by sj in cal »

Tara, I think you're correct, Shangri La may be the 31st. Sounds like there will be a mini reunion at Many Glacier the end of August...can't wait...and its not even June!

Return to “Camping”