3-4 Day Trip Recommendations

Let everyone know about your camping experience in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

deetums

3-4 Day Trip Recommendations

Post by deetums »

Hello all, I am new to the site and I am trying to plan a trip for my girlfriend and I. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a moderate difficulty 3 or 4 day loop (5-10 miles/day) that we could take for our first time in GNP. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D
dorf
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: 3-4 Day Trip Recommendations

Post by dorf »

There are very few loops in the park that fit your criteria though utilizing the shuttles can open things up for you a bit. Also, you're a little late to try and get a reserved hike since the application deadline was the 15th.
So many mountains, so little time.
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Kathy »

"Welcome!!!" deetums! Question.....when are you going? Like Dorf said, at the height of the season, it may be a bit difficult in getting any specific desired route - but never give up. And if you're looking at after the peak, say in early September, things would open up a bit more. I mean, down in Two Med, you could do the Dawson/Pitamakin loop as a 3 day/2 nighter. And as Dorf said, if you use the shuttle system, that would also give you more route options as well.

I'm sure others will give you some suggestions as well....and.....I'm going to put a link to this thread over in the Backcountry Permits section of the Page.
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Ear Mountain »

If you don't have specific dates set for your trip yet you can send in a permit reservation application with several alternatives and a wide range of dates. You might just get a trip in that way. Be flexible and you will have a better chance of getting a good trip.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.

Return to “Camping”