Glacier Trailhead Cabins

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jen

Glacier Trailhead Cabins

Post by Jen »

I would recommend as east side lodging. Clean, cozy and conveniently located.
http://www.glaciertrailheadcabins.com
Jen

pictures

Post by Jen »

Just thought I would add some pictures of the cabins
[img][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/ ... G_1936.jpg[/img]

[img][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/ ... G_1941.jpg[/img][/img]
gumchain
Please add the numbers(11): 0

I'll be staying there in July

Post by gumchain »

I booked a couple cabins for me and my friends in July. I'm very excited and thanks for posting pictures. The view looks wonderful. If you have any other pictures, feel free to post.

One thing I'm wondering about, is what is within walking distance of the cabins? With a group of 7 people and probably only one car, it'd be great if you could walk to a convenience store, or do a short hiking trail.

Thanks,
=) gumchain
Jen

Post by Jen »

Depends on what you consider walking distance. The cabins are about 2 miles tops from St. Mary........i.e; The Park Cafe. We didn't find any trails in the immediate vicinity.
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Dave Parker »

Heck, for a hiker, I would say 2 miles is walking distance!

:P

Dave
Jen

Post by Jen »

Good point Dave. I guess for me the end has to justify the means. Here in the burbs, I probably wouldn't walk 2 miles for a convenient store but in the scheme of things 2 miles would be just the beginning if it meant a payoff of beautiful mountain vistas.
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Dave Parker »

Jen,

I agree, until I moved to Montana, asking me to walk a 100 feet would have been a great request, now my driveway is about 1/2 mile and we take the dogs on at least a 2 mile walk everyday in the spring and summer, it all comes down to your perspective, a 2 mile walk don't bother me one bit now, there is so much to see in that small amount of space that it is worth every step everyday..

Dave
Jen

Post by Jen »

Dave,

Sure, rub it in.

Jen
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Dave Parker »

Jen,

Bring the family out, you can go on those two mile walks with us every day if ya want, the grill is always hot, the mountains are always here, and everyone is always welcome

:P

Dave
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks Dave. Someday we might take you up on that invite! Then you'll be begging us to please leave. :D
gumchain

Thanks

Post by gumchain »

Thanks for the info. 2 miles through the mountains doesn't sound like too much of a chore. =)

Return to “Lodging”