Looking for weather information?

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

July Guy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Too Warm Too Soon?

Post by July Guy »

Just got off the phone with my mom, and she was saying it is going to be very warm this coming week, even hitting 90 in Kalispell. Looks like West Glacier is also going to be seeing high 80s. She was talking 'bout the big flood of '64. I'm pretty sure they have pictures from that flood on the walls at Eddy's...

Can any of you folks in the know speak to this?
Ref

Post by Ref »

Weather.com forecast is calling for 89 in Kalispell tomorrow (Monday), with low to mid-80s in Babb on the east side this coming week as well.

Hockey Ref
lonemanmtn

82 in the shade

Post by lonemanmtn »

82 in the shade yesterday around 3:00pm in west glacier. great weather. looks like more of the same this week. spring is here.
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

O.K. so i guess there is not a lot of concern about a rapid run-off causing flooding?
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Hockey Ref »

According to the weather station at Logan Pass, the high temp there yesterday was 56, so that's not nearly as warm as the lower elevations. No readings shown after 9 a.m. local time this morning, and the accuracy of those is questionable, according to the website. Link below.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesonet/getobex ... m=48&raw=0
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
lonemanmtn

haven't heard

Post by lonemanmtn »

i haven't heard anyone expressing concern about flooding and a fast melt rate. maybe if it started pouring for days, but so far, no worries.
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

lonemanmtn

Post by lonemanmtn »

yeah, just saw that this morning. at least they are not expecting flooding; certainly nothing like 1964.
July Guy
Donator
Donator

Post by July Guy »

Well that is good. Just wanted to compare the old lady's memory v. what this year is actually like. must be some great rafting.

:D
lonemanmtn

accident

Post by lonemanmtn »

i guess there was a rafting accident last weekend. not sure of the details, but the water is high and running fast.
Dave Parker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Dave Parker »

Just got back from the Bitteroot after a couple of days teaching outdoors school, the lower elevations were very hot, 97 at the campground we were teaching at Monday, but the upper elevations are maintaining more normal temps and not creating a big hard run off yet.

Dave
July Guy
Donator
Donator

more on the melt

Post by July Guy »

Return to “Weather”