My 2007 Glacier trip report

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

My 2007 Glacier trip report

Post by Hockey Ref »

Here's my Glacier trip report for 2007:

:cry:
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Kathy »

Oh Ref! :cry: Next year!!!! Next year FOR SURE!!!! And who knows?!?!?!....you and sj and me - - - backpacking??? I think it sure could happen!!!!!

Here's a couple shots to keep ya going:
Lake McDonald sunrise:

Hidden Lake from the Mt. Cannon climb:

From Alderson/Carthew Lakes trail in Waterton:

The mountains told me to tell you....they miss you!
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by Hockey Ref »

I miss 'em, too! Great Mt. Cannon shot. I'd love to get there!
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."
ND

Post by ND »

Kathy,

Since you have been so scarce on the chat page I thought you may have put down stakes in Glacier. Welcome back. Great shots. Wow! I really like the Waterton image. Level the lake shoreline in PS on the McDonald shot and put it on a wall.
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Ref...

Maybe I'll get lucky and get some really good photos! I'll post them and maybe, just maybe that will help you get through the remainder of the year and get the blood pumping for next year! Me... I'm still looking forward to doing your name sake hike..... next year!! :D
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
mtmzfan

Post by mtmzfan »

:( oh, that's so sad. i'm sorry ref.
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Kathy:

I love your photos of Hidden Lake and the one on the hike in Waterton is wonderful! How hard was that hike?
Kathy
Donator
Donator

Post by Kathy »

ND wrote:Since you have been so scarce on the chat page I thought you may have put down stakes in Glacier.
Believe me! - I LOOKED! :D
Rose wrote:...the hike in Waterton....How hard was that hike?
Hey Rose! - We missed the hikers shuttle from the outfitter in Waterton. (I guess they only have two...one at 8am and one at 9am, unless you have a large group-then you can make special arrangements.) So usually, you can get shuttled to Cameron Lake and hike through back to Waterton townsite. (Which is what I believe MarxMN did....or they had two cars.) The folks at the outfitters said the prettiest part was from Cameron Lake to Carthew Lakes ('bout 6 miles). So what Glacier Gal Karen and I did, was drive to Cameron Lake, and hike 1/2 way through to Carthew Lakes, then turned around and came back. It's about 12 miles all total. And going the way we did (west to east) it's about 1440 feet of elevation...going the other way (east to west) it's about 3150 feet elevation. It was a beautiful hike I hadn't done before and was a "Plan B" that came together actually as a result of a previous picture and post of Ref's (thanks, Ref!).
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Thanks... will put that one on the list too! We've been to Cameron Lake twice and have done the walk around the lake and the hike to Summit Lake (aka land of the million mosquitoes)! This one looks beautiful! :D

There I go.... more hikes for next year!! :D
Cowboy
Donator
Donator

Post by Cowboy »

Love the shots Kathy, are they from this year?

13 days to go till I'm in Glacier and I hope to get some good photos.......but looking at the webcams lately it looks pretty smokey especially today...unless its just foggy today
Kathy
Donator
Donator

Post by Kathy »

Cowboy wrote:Love the shots Kathy, are they from this year?

13 days to go till I'm in Glacier and I hope to get some good photos.......but looking at the webcams lately it looks pretty smokey especially today...unless its just foggy today
Hey Cowboy! The pics are from this year. The Lake McDonald sunrise was 7/20.....the Hidden Lake shot was later on 7/20....and the Alderson/Carthew shot was 7/21. (I have yet to do my trip report....I've been delinquent! - But hopefully this weekend I can get my 16 day trip report out here...dang! - it's gonna be long!)

And 13 days and counting for you!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!! As for the webcams and the smoke....ya just never know which way the wind is gonna blow....it could be smokey one day, and clearer the next---I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Return to “Trip Reports”