Using the shuttles

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

treehopper
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Using the shuttles

Post by treehopper »

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are traveling to Glacier August 10-19 and are planning on doing several hikes. One hike we have planned is to go to Swiftcurrent Mountain via the Highline and then back down to the Loop. From there, we plan to get a shuttle back to Logan Pass. Am I being foolish to assume that we will be able to get on a shuttle? We'll probably get to the loop between 5 and 6:15 and we'll be doing this on a weekday (not sure which yet since there could be trail closures). I know the last shuttle back to Logan Pass is at 6:28 but wasn't sure how many others would be by in that time frame before the last one, or how crowded they were likely to be at that time of day. Any input would be appreciated! We can hitchhike if we have to, but would prefer the shuttle.
PeteE
Gender?: Male

Re: Using the shuttles

Post by PeteE »

The shuttle stop at the Loop for Logan has been crowded most of the time, but not always, when I've been driving home.
No matter. I have hitched a ride to Logan more than once from the Loop.

So if it's crowded at the shuttle stop, hitch from a spot where your potential ride can pull over easily.
Best at the Loop imo is up hill from the shuttle stop.... where the parking spots are, but before the loop turn.
Cars have to slow down making it easier for them to stop and pick you up.
And sometimes you'll meet someone parked there that's going to Logan.
Getting to Logan from the Loop during peak season isn't a big hassle imo.

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin
treehopper
Gender?: Female

Re: Using the shuttles

Post by treehopper »

Thanks so much!

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”