Trip Report: July 4 - 8

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

smokies_hiker
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by smokies_hiker »

Man, they should have used that first shot from GTTS Road!

Wasn't Forrest Gump's famous line "Mama always said life is like applying for a Glacier backcountry permit."? :arrow:

No, wait; maybe it was "Mama always said life is like choosing a flavor of pie at The Park Cafe." 8)

Now I'm confused...
Paraphrasing John Lennon: Life is what happens while you're planning on going hiking.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

nyhiker wrote: 4 - BF and I observed several workers (no uniforms, so I'm not sure whether they were volunteers or NPS) actively fixing parts of the trail. At one point, four guys were rebuilding part of a waterfall section but they waved us on. Also, about 2 miles from Granite Park Chalet, a super tough woman had dug up about 10 feet of trail to resculpt the trail, and we walked through the huge piles of dirt.
Thanks very much for the update on the Highline trail. I guess it hasn't been washed off the wall after all.

I don't recall that Park Service trail crews in Glacier ever wore uniforms.
Is that still the case? That was true years ago and was also true in 2001 at Sperry. I don't think I saw any trail crew members on our 2005 visit or this year in early June.

They have as far as I know no uniforms or badges, but as long as they have their shovels, they don't need any stinkin' badges.

Lyman
JLK

Post by JLK »

Yes! This is what I want to hear. What a great report and pictures. I can already taste that pie. Thanks for the report.

Return to “Trip Reports”