Overnight parking at 1913 Ranger Station?

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

djallen35
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Overnight parking at 1913 Ranger Station?

Post by djallen35 »

Hey all, I will be in Glacier in two weeks! I am starting a backcountry trip at the Red Eagle trailhead, and I was wondering if anybody knows if I'm allowed to park my rental car at the 1913 station parking lot next to the trailhead for overnight (4 nights). From what I've read, there are some separate lots for day hikers and backpackers, but I can't seem to find info anywhere. thanks!
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Re: Overnight parking at 1913 Ranger Station?

Post by Ear Mountain »

There's only one parking area at that trailhead. No problem leaving your car there. If Rangers have a question about the vehicle being there overnight they'll check with the backcountry desk. Your license plate number will be on your backpacking permit.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
djallen35

Re: Overnight parking at 1913 Ranger Station?

Post by djallen35 »

djallen35 wrote:Hey all, I will be in Glacier in two weeks! I am starting a backcountry trip at the Red Eagle trailhead, and I was wondering if anybody knows if I'm allowed to park my rental car at the 1913 station parking lot next to the trailhead for overnight (4 nights). From what I've read, there are some separate lots for day hikers and backpackers, but I can't seem to find info anywhere. thanks!
Thanks for the info Ear! Counting down the hours now :arrow:

Return to “Road Information and Transportation”