Olympic National Park

Have you visited another National Park, you would like to share, although most are Glacier Fanatics, we love to visit any National Park, let us know about your experience here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Geeti baijal
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Olympic National Park

Post by Geeti baijal »

Hey all, I am planning a 3 days trip to Olympic National Park. I will be driving from Seattle. Plz help in planning the trip like what are the must do activities, where to stay and where to eat in National Park? I am going in the first week of July and I checked non of the lodge is available to stay inside the national park. Do let me know if there are any back country hikes and if any guided hike is provided by the park or tour companies.
orin
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Olympic National Park

Post by orin »

There are three basic types of hikes at Olympic, rain forest, high country and the coast. In early July, the high country hikes may still have a lot of snow, especially this year. There are too many hikes to even try to list but I would suggest driving the Hurricane Ridge Road, visiting the coast at one of several places and take a short or long hike in the Hoh or Quinalt rain forests. You could drive to Port Angeles and stop at the visitor center there to get more information. The Lake Crescent, Kalaloch, Lake Quinalt and Sol Duc lodges are fun places to stay but may be hard to book. There are several campgrounds around the park if you like camping. A good place to go for more information is http://www.nwhikers.net.

Return to “Other National Parks”