Short Glacier stack with lots of Maple Syrup

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

MN Hikers
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Short Glacier stack with lots of Maple Syrup

Post by MN Hikers »

Not great with computers so I'm hoping I can figure this out.

Took a trip last July to Canada, my wife has wanted to go for a couple years, so we got our passports and made plans, I have never done the Hockey Ref hike so this was the year, only had one day to do it and got lucky with the weather.

Had a couple of our friends meet us in the parking lot to see us off.

Had blue skies all day.

I have never been down the other side of the pass to the Many Glacier Hotel it is 2 hours of awesome

The waterfalls that look so tiny from a distance get much bigger when you get closer

We stayed in Golden BC and decided to have some fun to start our Canada Trip off.

The next day we drove over to Lake Louis to do some hiking

In Canada there are Tea Houses along the trails where you can buy fresh made cookies and other food

Farther up the trail looking back at the hotel where we started our hike

If you keep hiking you will come upon another Tea House, the Plain of Six Glaciers/

The trail head back down to the lake for a nice loop hike.

The next couple days we took time to see a bunch of waterfalls and glaciers you can even take a ride out to one if you want

The spiral tunnels, the trains use these tunnels to go up and over the pass, we seen the same train going in 3 different directions at the same time.

Took a wrong turn coming home, got completely lost in Calgary and stumbled into the Olympic Village

The Canadian Rockies are similar to Glacier, it just everything is bigger. Bigger rivers, glaciers, waterfalls, however the trail system is not as established as Glacier, most of the trails are below the tree line. It was a nice trip, and I will probably go back some day just to have some more fresh cookies right out of a wood fired oven at the Tea House.

Return to “Trip Reports”