Moderators: teapot57, Tara

poky5mom
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Weather

Post by poky5mom »

I guess this will be a cure for the heatwave we are having right now!
While it is hot today, the US National Weather Service in Missoula notified us that, "We're expecting wind chill temperatures to be in the 30s with potential for SNOW showers at Logan Pass and the higher elevations of Glacier National Park this coming Thursday evening and Friday morning." Plan accordingly. (dr)
From the GLacier National Park Facebook page! I guess we better pack winter clothes!
Km
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Re: Weather

Post by Selkie »

Sounds refreshing! Hope Toddnick gets Flinsch out of the way before new flurries!
Until then - it's 96.8 on Two Medicine webcam. :shock:
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Ear Mountain »

Was up at Logan Pass today and hiked up Oberlin. It was frigging hot! Too hot for this guy! Forecast is for a good chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday's followed by a cool down and a chance of snow on Thursday morning. Probably only flurries thought. I'm definitely looking forard to some cooler weather. Snow would be a frosting on the cake. Too hot for me today.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
poky5mom
Donator
Donator

Post by poky5mom »

Ralph you would not like it here in iowa this week - the temp is about 95 with the heat index of over 110! You know it's hot when the moms are actually in the water at the pool - I am looking forward to some snow! :D
Kim
Farmgirl
Donator
Donator

Post by Farmgirl »

poky5mom wrote:You know it's hot when the moms are actually in the water at the pool :D
Kim
EXACTLY!!!!!
elscout198

Post by elscout198 »

Hmm, hey guys, hot moms in Iowa and Wisconsin ! :arrow: :arrow:
"There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark"
(Eclipse by Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon)
Jay w

Post by Jay w »

The all time record high dew point in MPLS is 81 F. That's higher levels than typically seen in places like New Orleans. These high dew point (80 I believe) lasted something like 15 hrs. How we've had dew pts that high (79-80) for days. Super soupy, today was something like 98 and warmer tomorrow. I prefer -5F.

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
Mtnmanwannabe

Post by Mtnmanwannabe »

Jay w wrote:The all time record high dew point in MPLS is 81 F. That's higher levels than typically seen in places like New Orleans. These high dew point (80 I believe) lasted something like 15 hrs. How we've had dew pts that high (79-80) for days. Super soupy, today was something like 98 and warmer tomorrow. I prefer -5F.

Jay
Hang in there Jay, we've only got 1 more miserable day to suffer thru. :roll: And for what it's worth, as I type the temperature in East Glacier is a nice comfy and cool 56. :mrgreen:
"There ain't no cloud so thick that the sun ain't shinin' on t'other side."

Rattlesnake,an 1870s mountain man
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

I was born in St Augustine which has nice climate for FL being on the ocean where humidity doesn't get too bad.
I grew up in central Florida--Polk County(no seabreeze here)...just a zillion lakes to humidify the air under the unrelenting high summer sun. I remember days on end where 90+ temps and summertime dew points over 70, and sometimes 80, were fairly common in the 50's and 60's... and No A/C in our house. So the windows were always open...and the buzzing hoardes of mosquitoes always found the holes in the screens :(
And I thought nothing of playing 36 holes a day...and carrying my bag too. :wink:
Going on a date sucked back then too. I could be "dry" leaving my house, but before the car's A/C got going, I'd be soaked with sweat :(
I laughed my first summer here in Whitefish. It was a very hot summer for a while in '02...mid to high 90's...but DRY.
Everyone was complaining. I asked them what they'd do if it was 95F with a relative humidity of 90+ as well ?
:)

pocketlint :wink:
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

Pete,

After living in Hawaii as well as visiting Florida, I can relate very well to what you are saying!

Dave

:shock:

Return to “Weather”