Memorial Trees for Hockey Ref

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jen

Re: Memorial Trees for Hockey Ref

Post by Jen »

Debra wrote:Hello Glacier lovers! I work for the Glacier National Park Conservancy and we are hoping you can help us out. We have had 4 incomplete orders for trees in memory of Paul "Andy" Anderson. If you have made a donation for one and didn't get asked for your credit card information, please contact us at 406-892-3250 or email me at debra@gnpconservancy.org We think the issue is using a link that was forwarded from our old organization, the Glacier Fund. We appreciate you allowing us to reach out to the Glacier community in this manner as all the other options have been dead ends and we would really like to get it solved. FYI, Jake Bramante from Hike734 and a friend made it up to Apgar Lookout today! They stopped in to share their experience and show us some pictures. Trust me, we know how to spell jealous!! ;)
Thank you Debra for connecting with us here on our little chat page. I hope we can help you figure out the discrepencies. And thank you for the Jake/Apgar update. We live for this stuff! :)
Mzambo
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by Mzambo »

What a heartfelt lasting well deserved tribute!
Babyt413
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Babyt413 »

Put me down for 1 tree! Please!!

How do I make the donation???

Also, that "friend" with Jake was me :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

My Blog/Post will be up soon! :D :D
Mzambo
Donator
Donator

Post by Mzambo »

In order to purchase a tree or a part of one just contact Debra (info in Jen's link above) I emailed her before I saw that link, then ended up just calling her with my card info.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

Tim,

Don't give up on Deb and I, I am waiting for a check to come in and then we will also be purchasing a tree for Andy, I do hope I am physically able to make the planting when it occurs.

Dave & Deb
Heff936
Donator
Donator

Post by Heff936 »

Thanks for letting me know Dave. We will be finalizing things when we are confident that all promised donations have been received, either by us or by the Conservancy directly. For any that donate directly, make sure you PM me or Laura with the your name and address since we will be giving this information to Andy's family. Please also include the amount of your donation so we can make sure our number align with the conservancy. We won't be provide the amount of each donation to the family, just the total of all donations.

Thanks to all for your unbelievable support.

Tim
Heff936
Donator
Donator

Post by Heff936 »

I just wanted to let you all know that we purchased 16 trees with the conservancy and shared with Paul Travis there the breakdown of the donations so that everyone that donated will be acknowledged and will receive their share of the charitable donation. In addition to the 16 trees we "adopted" two animals with the stuffed animals going to Andy's twin granddaughters Zoe and Sadie. We have also shared the list of donors with Andy's family

Many other donations have come directly into the conservancy and I believe the total number of donations must be approaching 50. Andy's family has been touched by this outpouring of kindness and Laura and I thank you all for helping make this a reality. We don't yet know where these groves of trees will be planted, but Paul knows that if the park is planning any planting in the Swiftcurrent Valley, which he thinks is likely, they will try to get the trees planted there. There are no guarantees but I'm sure they will do their best.

Glacier is a very special place and there are a lot of special people on this chat page.

Thank you,

Tim & Laura
liketohike
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Post by liketohike »

Tim & Laura,
thanks for the update and for putting this all together.
Blanca
Last edited by liketohike on Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heff936
Donator
Donator

Post by Heff936 »

Laura reminded me that the actual number is 21 trees. Five are being purchased with checks we are forwarding to the Conservancy. So make it 21 trees and two animals. Not bad! :arrow: :arrow:

Tim
poky5mom
Donator
Donator

Post by poky5mom »

Way to go Chatters! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Kim
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Post by Selkie »

Tim and Laura,
Thanks for organizing the Memorial Trees! That made it so much easier to create a focused donation. 50 contributors - wow!
The animals for grandkids are a delightful touch. :D
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thank you for handling this Tim and Laura. And thank you to all of our generous chatters!
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

Heff936 wrote:Laura reminded me that the actual number is 21 trees. Five are being purchased with checks we are forwarding to the Conservancy. So make it 21 trees and two animals. Not bad! :arrow: :arrow:

Tim

Wow indeed! Not just an Andy/Hockey Ref grove, but TWO groves worth of new trees...plus some cuddly critters. Way to go!

Thank you so much, Tim and Laura, for putting this together.
orin

Post by orin »

Thanks Tim and Laura.

Hockey Ref's story has made the Missoulian along with a note about the Memorial Grove. Hopefully the Conservancy will get a boost as a result.

http://missoulian.com/lifestyles/recrea ... f887a.html
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

The author of the article in the Missoulian did a nice job, I am feeling a bit guilty at this point and time, because Rob and I have talked in the past and frankly I did not like what he had to say, that was when I was teaching others about bear spray.

He contacted me Monday through email and ended up on the phone with Deb and I didn't want to talk with him, but I have to say He did a nice job and I commend him.

As I said in my email to him, I am sorry that Andy has passed, but I am glad he passed so much to all of us.

Rest in peace my friend, I will never venture into the park without thinking of you and the massive amount of information and love for the park, you have given us.

Dave.

Return to “Hockey Ref's Wisdom”