2020 "Snaps" Around Glacier National Park

Glacier presents some great photographic opportunities, talk about it here.

Moderators: Tara, Kathy

PeteE
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: 2020 "Snaps" Around Glacier National Park

Post by PeteE »

calicotraveler wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:31 am
Nice to see there is another option for camping and nice little cabins in that area. I'm going to send this info off to a friend who is looking for just that sort of thing. You eat well when you camp!
I didn't think to ask about the price of cabins. They're new and don't appear on the website.
I think one of the cabins would be the best option for most people.
The Ladies RR/shower was pretty nice. I was the only guest.
They let me use it since the Men's room was being used for storage of construction materials.
Tell your friend to ask for "Kristin" if they call. They're busy with construction and remodeling so Kristin may have to call back.
She was quite nice imo. If you look at the overhead photo, you can see it's a quite small campground.

I like to try and cook a decent evening meal when I can. It's not a big deal to bring "real/fresh food" car camping.
That steak from Perfect Cuts in CFalls was a bit of a luxury for me($12.99/lb) That's actually about same price as the same cut at Super1.
and a much better piece of meat imo. The mixed vegetables were fresh broccoli, carrots, small Yukon Gold potatoes, shallots, minced garlic, sautéed in real butter...with a little Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning with fresh ground pepper.

It was awkward to cook on that fire pit. All I had was wood and that style fire pit was made for charcoal...but it worked.
:)

al_in_al wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:12 am
Chiming in a little late to say thanks for the east side pictures! Great shots, even the windshield ones.
Not too worry Jessica. Thank you! :)
You going to sit out this year due to all the uncertainty and craziness?

Cheers and good health to all!👍👍😎

pete :wink:
"If you are not curious, you will learn nothing" -Goethe-

"When you're born in this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show.
And when you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."

George Carlin

TamandKev
Gender?: Female

Post by TamandKev »

Pete,
Is sure is great to see pictures of the east side of GNP. They were working on hwy 89 last time we were able to drive to East Glacier from St Mary’s. Kevin always said “he could see our headlights from the rearview mirror” on that road. It was that curvy. Lol! It looks like the views are still amazing, and we have stoped many times on the hill above St Mary’s for pictures with horses and mountains in the background. Thank you for sharing your beautiful shots.
I’m glad you were able to find another option for camping/lodging. It always helps to have options. That is the best looking camp food I’ve seen and it looks delicious!!!!!
We are getting more excited and ready for our trip in July.
All our best!
Tammy and Kevin

zozeppelin
Gender?: Male

Post by zozeppelin »

Thanks Pete for the great pictures and the mountain IDs.

al_in_al
Gender?: Female

Post by al_in_al »

PeteE wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 pm
Not too worry Jessica. Thank you! :)
You going to sit out this year due to all the uncertainty and craziness?
I would love to come out this year in spite of the craziness, but I've got a seasonal job inside Yellowstone, so that's going to take up my whole summer. I know I'm going to enjoy my time exploring there, but I'm definitely going to miss Glacier.