Yellowstone/Tetons, 2016

Have you visited another National Park, you would like to share, although most are Glacier Fanatics, we love to visit any National Park, let us know about your experience here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jay w
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Yellowstone/Tetons, 2016

Post by Jay w »

Hey Blanka. I missed this post and caught it a month late. I'm thinking about putting up all my reports on the Word Press Site I have (and never update).

I was a little disappointed by Yellowstone the first time I was there, but I'm coming to appreciate it. The crowds and lack of obvious hiking trails are what disappointed me, but the wildlife (and space for wildlife) and thermal features are what I'm coming to appreciate. I'd say do it. Also, Julie talked me into a few two hour lunches with a glass of wine (you'd substitute beer). Great idea. Sometimes just sitting and soaking in the atmosphere IS the thing to do.

Say hi to Kyle,

Jay
The NSA...the only people in the government who listen.
liketohike
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Yellowstone/Tetons, 2016

Post by liketohike »

Hi Jay,
I just checked back and saw your post plus I can view your pictures now, which is awesome!:-)
Our trip is coming up soon...I should try to do better this time and post a trip report afterwards...will see.
From what I've read the construction at Jenny lake is still going on, but it sounds like the area may be worth visiting...we'll just need to try to get an early morning start.
Thanks again!

Return to “Other National Parks”