Rising Sun- Two Dog Flats - Breakfast

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Supersonic_Blimp
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Rising Sun- Two Dog Flats - Breakfast

Post by Supersonic_Blimp »

Ate there for breakfast since they opened at 6:30. Reasonable prices and fairly quick. Easily one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. I'm normally on the fence with breakfast potatoes as it's hard to get them cooked right (too soggy, etc). But wow, these were PERFECT. Eggs, toast, etc all were great. If you're coming from the East side and need an early bite, I'd definitely recommend them.

This photo adequately sums up my thoughts-

(Thanks to Pete for the tip! He had mentioned it somewhere that I've already forgotten about)
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Rising Sun- Two Dog Flats - Breakfast

Post by jamesdak »

Good to hear. I've found the food good there in the past and since I'm staying at Rising Sun next month it's good to hear things are still going well.
Jen

Post by Jen »

I have been disappointed several times in the past at Two Dog Flats. I gave them another shot this season and was pleasantly surprised! Great Service and very yummy lunch!
jamesdak
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by jamesdak »

So, where's the earliest place to get coffee there this year. A couple years ago there was a Kiosk going in the restaurant but last time it wasn't there and I had to wait on the campstore to open. This is the only thing that holds me up each morning, LOL. Gotta have my coffee.
al_in_al
Gender?: Female

Post by al_in_al »

They had a table set up for to-go coffee at Two Dog Flats this year. It was definitely available at 6:30 am. I didn't notice it at 6 am when the registration building opened, but it's possible the coffee is available before the restaurant opens.
ND
Gender?: Male

Post by ND »

Yup I picked up coffee shortly after 6:00 before the restaurant opened
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by teapot57 »

I never eat lunch in restaurants near Glacier because I'm always out on the trail, but we had a down day last weekend so we grabbed lunch at Two Dog Flats. I had the cod sandwich and it was really good!
al_in_al

Post by al_in_al »

Enjoyed breakfast here twice this year, but didn't have a chance to eat a lunch or dinner.
al_in_al wrote:They had a table set up for to-go coffee at Two Dog Flats this year. It was definitely available at 6:30 am. I didn't notice it at 6 am when the registration building opened, but it's possible the coffee is available before the restaurant opens.
No coffee table set up this year. While we were there for early breakfast, someone walked up wanting a to-go coffee, and were told "we don't really do that", but they got her coffee anyway.

The camp store at Rising Sun seemed newly remodeled, and had a nice coffee setup - but I think they open at 7am.
al_in_al

Post by al_in_al »

Didn’t have a chance to eat lunch or dinner here this year, but we did have 3 breakfasts. Can confirm breakfast potatoes are still good!

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”