Rock 'n Roll Bakery in East Glacier Park

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Jen

Rock 'n Roll Bakery in East Glacier Park

Post by Jen »

I was just admiring the new website for The Whistling Swan motel and realized Mark Howser has added a new shop to his already lengthy list of East Glacier Park businesses. It is a bakery AND a gear shop!!! My own personal heaven? Yes!

If we don't get a review before I get there in late August I will gladly provide the first review. (for Lyman) :wink:

http://www.seeglacier.com/rock-n-roll-b ... -goodness/
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Rock 'n Roll Bakery in East Glacier Park

Post by Selkie »

"Guinness cupcakes for strength!"

YES!!!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
(So much depends on a dancing banana)

I hope he succeeds! I hope he gets enough custom to buy out his stock.
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

Selkie wrote:"Guinness cupcakes for strength!"
Love it!

I'm definitely gonna have to check this place out. :wink:
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

Jen,

If this is the place where a young man named Kent works we will probably check it out in July as one of our instructions is to "Stop at a bakery in East Glacier and see Kent." Kent is a former Glacier Park Lodge employee whom we met at Sperry in 2008.

It will no doubt be a pleasant diversion from searching for the elusive East Glacier Laundromat.

Lyman
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

llholmes1948 wrote:Jen,

If this is the place where a young man named Kent works we will probably check it out in July as one of our instructions is to "Stop at a bakery in East Glacier and see Kent." Kent is a former Glacier Park Lodge employee whom we met at Sperry in 2008.

It will no doubt be a pleasant diversion from searching for the elusive East Glacier Laundromat.

Lyman
I am informed that this is the bakery where Kent works and that he appears in the photo of the bakery so we will be stopping by to check this place out.

Now if finding that Laundromat was only this easy.

Lyman
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

Ya, I have been watching what Mark is doing, since he decided he didn't need us to do his websites any longer, but it looks like he is doing a good job, I will be sure and stop in when I get to the east side this summer, there was a very long relationship between his and Debs company, sealed over a beer at the Great Northern Brewing Company, I hope he continues to do well, but man, I think he owns just about everything in East Glacier now!
Jen

Post by Jen »

Ranger Pat Hagan posted to Facebook today that Kathryn from the Park Cafe is now baking pies at the rock n roll bakery! PIE FOR STRENGTH! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

:arrow: :| :arrow:

What great news!!!!!!!

Hmmmm. This may mean I'll have to base myself out of Two Med this year... :wink:
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Post by scott-atl »

patty griffin does a nice song about 'making pies'
il2gnp

Post by il2gnp »

It is a small world. In August 2013, we exchanged greetings near Fishercap Lake with a very dirty hiker as he was returning from a back country climbing trip. After a short stop at the Swiftcurrent store, the same hiker was hitch hiking his way back to the Many Glacier dorms. It was Kent. We picked him up and gave him a sorry excuse for a ride in a van with no seats in the back. That must have been a better offer than walking. He is a multi-talented now as he said he was learning to bake last summer too. We were very surprised to find out that he worked at the bakery in East Glacier that we had visited just a few days previously. I just love small world occurrences.
distressbark
Gender?: Male

Post by distressbark »

il2gnp wrote:It is a small world. In August 2013, we exchanged greetings near Fishercap Lake with a very dirty hiker as he was returning from a back country climbing trip. After a short stop at the Swiftcurrent store, the same hiker was hitch hiking his way back to the Many Glacier dorms. It was Kent. We picked him up and gave him a sorry excuse for a ride in a van with no seats in the back. That must have been a better offer than walking. He is a multi-talented now as he said he was learning to bake last summer too. We were very surprised to find out that he worked at the bakery in East Glacier that we had visited just a few days previously. I just love small world occurrences.
I'm sure he appreciated the ride! Kent is a good buddy of mine, and he had just completed a multi day outing from Chief Mountain Customs to Many Glacier. I believe he visited Pyramid Peak, Sue Lake and Wacheechee Mountain on his trip. Great guy, and apparently he's turning into a great baker. Stopped at Rock 'n Roll a few times last year, and the pastries are delicious!
- anders

"And what do the birds say? All there is to say about a massacre, things like Poo-tee-weet?"
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five
Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator

Post by Selkie »

Yippee!
Rock 'n' Roll Bakery and Gear Shop -- the bakery is all one could hope for, if not so easy to find.

Kathryn is indeed there, and making pies.

I had a savory quichelette, which melted immediately in its course of transubstantiation, and a plum galante. I sat outside, under blue skies, whilst the winds whistled by, on their way to blow things over in North Dakota, and thought how delightful the world was and what a gift to have such a bakery at one's dispensation.

The Guinnesss Cupcakes for Strength were not yet ready for the day, but already I felt much stronger. And definitely in need of a bed, after the excitement of 3 nights in St Mary CG. Boom! Crash! And that's before trees started falling...

The gear shop has the kind of handy thing, like gaiters, one might want if forgotten.
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator

Post by tibber »

I made two trips there this year. The first (on a Sat morning) was before my hike to Rockwell Falls. I wanted a Grizzly Roll as I figured it was the next best thing to the Huckleberry Bear Claw from Polebridge. The Grizzly Roll was delicious; not sure what's in the dough but YUM. https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5681_n.jpg
I told them I was coming back through on Tue and wanted to pick up some buns to take to my cousins at Woods Bay in Bigfork so they said they would double the batch. We picked those up plus tried the turnovers which were superb! Didn't need any gear but it looks like they had a lot to offer.

Angela
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

Yes it is a great place. When we were in Glacier we enjoyed stopping by to see Kent at the bakery but unfortunately the bakery was just closing so we were only able to try the cookies, which were great. The bakery is not right on US 2 but is on a side street (can't remember the name of the street) sort of out in back of the Trading Post. They also have a lot of hiking equipment which is sort of strange for a bakery but it is East Glacier.

We spent so much time chatting with Kent and also visiting Glacier Park Lodge that we didn't have time to search for the famed East Glacier laundromat. We later did our laundry on the ranch at Valier.

Lyman
Jen

Post by Jen »

llholmes1948 wrote:Yes it is a great place. When we were in Glacier we enjoyed stopping by to see Kent at the bakery but unfortunately the bakery was just closing so we were only able to try the cookies, which were great. The bakery is not right on US 2 but is on a side street (can't remember the name of the street) sort of out in back of the Trading Post. They also have a lot of hiking equipment which is sort of strange for a bakery but it is East Glacier.

We spent so much time chatting with Kent and also visiting Glacier Park Lodge that we didn't have time to search for the famed East Glacier laundromat. We later did our laundry on the ranch at Valier.

Lyman
I have 2 nights in East Glacier next month. I will make it my priority to get photos of the infamous laundry mat.

Jen

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”