Park Cafe closing and not reopening next year

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

D.C.
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Park Cafe closing and not reopening next year

Post by D.C. »

Sad to hear! The wife and I made a couple of trips from west glacier just for pie this summer. Hope the tradition continues, but I don't think it will stay the same.
Tara
Gender?: Female

Post by Tara »

I had missed this thread. Today we were visiting Valparaiso University and a woman came up to us asking if we had the car with the stickers...which include a "Pie For Strength" sticker and other MT stickers. She worked at the Park Cafe last summer and told Rosie and I about it closing, which was news to us. She made it sounds like if it were to reopen it would be as a very different entity...not as the Park Cafe. I understood it to mean that if the owners open something in the location it will NOT have the Park Cafe name, etc. and will be a completely new business.
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Ear Mountain »

Tara wrote:... She made it sound like if it were to reopen it would be as a very different entity...not as the Park Cafe. I understood it to mean that if the owners open something in the location it will NOT have the Park Cafe name, etc. and will be a completely new business.
That's correct Tara. The owner of the physical premises does not own the name or logo. Whatever opens in that location next summer will have to use a different name and logo.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Post by scott-atl »

i noticed when i was out there a couple of weeks ago that the PC signs had been left up. they are usually stored for the winter.
calicotraveler

Post by calicotraveler »

I really hope that the food and especially the PIE menu will be kept with the new owners. The place has been a winner for years and a place we go out of our way (often far out of our way) to stop for a meal and pie. Always a lot of people in this little restaurant because of the good food. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Post by scott-atl »

I heard the guy that ran the park café store passed away recently.
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

Not Neal?? :shock: :(

Where did you hear this? If you have more info or a source on this I would appreciate you sharing that.

I'm not very savvy with internet searching stuff, but I couldn't find an obituary...and I really don't want to send Kathryn a condolence card inappropriately...
debbyn
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by debbyn »

Please verify. I don't want to pass this news on to my daughter who is a former employee and very close with Kathryn.
scott-atl
Donator
Donator

Post by scott-atl »

I can't confirm per se, but the guys name was rob. I heard it from a long time eastside park employee. not one to spread rumors.
debbyn
Donator
Donator

Post by debbyn »

Rob is Kathryn's twin brother. He and his family lived above the store. he was mainly in charge of the store and gas station. I'm not sure where he resided but it wasn't in Bozeman where Kathryn and Neal live.
debbyn
Donator
Donator

Post by debbyn »

It appears that it was indeed Rob Hiestand who passed away in Boise in November. RIP, Rob and God's blessings on your family.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”