CATTLE BARON SUPPER CLUB 8/9/13 AND 8/16/13

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

PJ

CATTLE BARON SUPPER CLUB 8/9/13 AND 8/16/13

Post by PJ »

We decided to eat at the Cattle Baron our first night at Glacier since we'd liked it in 2002. It turned out to be Indian Days so they weren't crowded (or serving alcohol) so we got right in. The Cattle Baron is a steak house – but everything has a foodie twist. The salads were really good with either homemade dressings or high quality commercial dressings we weren't familiar with. Both were delicious; Rick had blue cheese and I had Russian. The croutons had an unusual seasoning we both really liked. They were served with a generous loaf of homemade white bread and real butter. Rick's ribeye was huge and very flavorful, but a teeny bit on the tough side. My filet was enormous and could be cut with a table knife. We both liked the seasoning on them. They are served with a large slice of potato that has a crunchy topping and has been either sautéed in butter or roasted. It is served with a sour cream based ranch flavored sauce. We both prefer them without the sauce, Rick eats his with the green onion garnish, I like it plain. The asparagus served with the meal has been sautéed with bits of roasted garlic which Rick loved. Neither of us could finish the meat and took a heavy takeout box to fit in the cooler.

We ate at the Cattle Baron again a week later on our last night because we liked it so much. This time I had the Italian Dressing on the advice of the waiter – it was also outstanding. Rick had the ribeye again, and this one was even better because it was perfectly tender in addition to having great flavor. I switched to the chicken and loved the seasoning. It was another great meal at the Cattle Baron.
Tsmith
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: CATTLE BARON SUPPER CLUB 8/9/13 AND 8/16/13

Post by Tsmith »

My son I dined there and both had excellent T-Bone steaks, albeit 32oz at that.
Visit my Glacier NP Photo Gallery and leave comments if you like, thanks!
southernguy
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by southernguy »

The 3 of us ate there this trip and we all had excellent fillets.
I think we have eaten there every trip and it has always been excellent.

Jim
Mzambo
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by Mzambo »

I know this place gets mixed reviews, but I personally have never had a bad meal there. Sure it is pricey, but every restaurant in Glacier is pricey IMO. 5 of us went and had a variety of entree's from Shrimp Pasta, Salmon to the Strips and my personal favorite the Ribeye. All entree's come with bread and salad, and all except the pasta dish include a potato that has their version of a loaded potato. There is no way I could ever finish the Ribeye it is huge. We ask for it unseasoned not fond of their seasoning which is kind of sweet. Cattle Baron has become a tradition following Grinnell Glacier for us each trip. We take what is left of the steak put it on a sandwich with horseradish cheese and mayo for the next day's lunch.

Not to mention the ladies bathroom continues to crack me up. It just warrants this picture each trip! :arrow:

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”