History Magazine to Feature Glacier

Have questions or comments about the various organizations that work within or around the park, also a place to post updates and new features added to the Official Glacier Park Website.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

MT Historical Society
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

History Magazine to Feature Glacier

Post by MT Historical Society »

We just wanted to give you the advance "scoop" that the Summer issue of MONTANA THE MAGAZINE OF WESTERN HISTORY will be almost entirely devoted to Glacier. It'll contain history on the creation of the park, the survival of Glacier artwork, and more. The articles are written by Andrew Harper, Hipolito Rafael Chacon, Donald Hagerty, Deirdre Shaw, and Jennifer Bottomly-O'looney. If you have any questions on where to obtain the issue, how to advertise in it, or simply want to donate to the production, just get ahold of me. www.montanahistoricalsociety.org phone 406-444-4708 Thanks!
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: History Magazine to Feature Glacier

Post by Ear Mountain »

My wife receives this magazine on a regular basis. It is always very interesting. I am definitely looking forward to the summer issue on Glacier!
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

It sounds like a great issue. Is this magazine available at bookstores, etc. or does it have to be ordered from the society? I realize that this is a non-profit organization but I think the $7.95 shipping cost for a magazine which apparently costs $8.95 is a bit much.

Lyman
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by Ear Mountain »

I'm not sure where it might be available. It comes with a membership to the Montana Historical Society.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
orin

Post by orin »

The magazine is available at bookstores and newsstands in Montana for about 3 months around its issue date. I've even seen it on sale here in Seattle. The Montana Historical Society also has back issues for sale at their store in Helena so if you get there sometime you can probably snag a copy.

-Orin
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Post by daveparker »

llholmes1948 wrote:It sounds like a great issue. Is this magazine available at bookstores, etc. or does it have to be ordered from the society? I realize that this is a non-profit organization but I think the $7.95 shipping cost for a magazine which apparently costs $8.95 is a bit much.

Lyman
Actually that sounds about normal, if they are mailing via USPS priority mail, which a lot of companies do now a days to get things to the customer in a timely manner, it would be $4.95 for the mailing and a couple of bucks for the envelope and handling. Very few companies I know now a days, uses Media Mail, cause it is so darn slow and you can't use it, if your magazine has specific types of ad's in it...

Dave
Tara
Gender?: Female

Post by Tara »

That does it...I've been meaning to join the Montana Historical Society for a few years and now I am going to.
Finalshot

Post by Finalshot »

I have not received my copy(s) yet. I'm also a contributor and have several images in the Glacier Park Issue . . .

Tony

Return to “NPS Website News and Glacier Park Organizations”