Glacier National Park Fund

Have questions or comments about the various organizations that work within or around the park, also a place to post updates and new features added to the Official Glacier Park Website.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

missguinness
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Glacier National Park Fund

Post by missguinness »

I just received an email from the Glacier National Park Fund. They have their website up and running. Part of the email says,

"First of all, we want to announce that our new website is up and running. Please check it out at http://www.glaciernationalparkfund.org. If you have not already joined the GNPF Family, we would love to welcome you. The Just for KIDS page is still under development but should be “live” by the end of December. "

They are also asking that people request their newsletter be sent via email instead of through regular mail. This saves them money with postage and also helps the environment. Really cool!
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo
Rose
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Glacier National Park Fund

Post by Rose »

Another cool thing about The Glacier Fund is that they are now located on Highway 2 in Columbia Falls! We get to drive past their office when we are in route to the park (if coming from Kalispell). They are now located in the old Sunrise Bakery building along with the Glacier Association.

In my conversations with Jane Ratzlaff, the Glacier Fund's Executive Director, they would love for folks to stop in and see them. We plan to make a trip back into Columbia Falls on a week day just to say hello and to thank them in person for the many good works they do (and have done) in Glacier Park. (In a recent note, it is stated that since the inception of the Glacier Fund in 1999, more than $1.6 million has been provided to help support wildlife research, trail maintenance, and educaional programs in Glaicer National Park).
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
Glacier Fund

Post by Glacier Fund »

On behalf of the Fund, thanks everyone for your kind words!
My name is Kelly Roth and I am the new Director of Development for the Glacier National Park Fund. I moved here 5 years ago and just three days after I arrived I took the drive up the Going- to-the-Sun Road. Upon seeing my first mountain goat and the jaw-dropping scenic vistas, I knew in my heart, “This is where I belong!”
I've spent the last 3 years living and working in the Park educating visitors and am excited for this new position to give back to the Park and continue the Fund's important work preserving and protecting this beautiful place!
Glacier is such a special sanctuary for all who visit and I look forward to sharing my passion and getting to meet others who have the glacier bug!
B2Randolph
Donator
Donator

Post by B2Randolph »

Welcome, Kelly Roth!

We're glad to have you on the Chat with us and of course thrilled with the Glacier Fund! :D

But we are not Glacier bugs, we are all addicts :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Thanks for everything the Fund does for the Park!

Merry Christmas

Becky
Glacier Fund

Post by Glacier Fund »

Thanks Becky!
Merry Christmas to you too!
Got it...addicts!! :P
Next time you come to the park stop by the office and say hi! Or join our GNPF hiking club, every Friday in July and August.
Kelly
missguinness
Donator
Donator

Post by missguinness »

A good friend of mine decided this year to not exchange gifts to each other but instead donate to a charity of the others choosing. I, of course, choose GNP Fund. They have 4 main areas (Preserve, Research, Discover, and Celebration) and then subcategories. We received in the mail a BEAUTIFUL color picture with our names on it and who donated the money. There are 3 pictures on the page. I believe we are going to frame it, it is truly that gorgeous. Thanks for everything you do to help keep GNP the place we all love.

Laura
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo

Return to “NPS Website News and Glacier Park Organizations”