Arizona

Been to another area? Post your photos here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

TNsoccer07
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Arizona

Post by TNsoccer07 »

Hey guys! Unfortunately, I was not/am not able to be in Glacier this summer. My family chose a trip to northern Arizona. We spent 6 nights in Flagstaff in late May/early June and had a fantastic time. I hiked much less than I normally do on my trips but managed to put in almost 50 miles anyway, mostly from a 16.5 mile hike in the Grand Canyon and a 16 mile hike in a slot canyon of southern Utah. If the Lord wills it, I will be in Glacier next summer serving with A Christian Ministry in the National Parks. If this happens, I will be certain to let you all know & hopefully I'll be able to meet many of you that I have been pleased to become acquainted with over the past few years. Anyway...sorry to get off topic...here are some photos to highlight my trip:

Sean
lcrans

Re: Arizona

Post by lcrans »

You may not have come to Glacier, but you found the beauty of Nature anyway....great pics....thanks.
Larry C.
Echo Lake

"Here is where God sat when he made America...", (Tom Dillon, 1912)
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Sean,

Those are some mighty good photos. Arizona/Utah is on our list for next year if things work out. Thanks for taking time to share.
Loved the lightning bolt.
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
Jen

Post by Jen »

Great Stuff, Sean!

Were those in "the Narrows" of Zion?

Thanks for posting your awesome pics!
TNsoccer07

Post by TNsoccer07 »

I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed the photos. It's not the same as Glacier at all but stunning nonetheless. Rose, I hope you do get to visit Arizona/Utah next year...there are so many beautiful places in those areas. I hope that doesn't mean you won't make it to Glacier! :D Jen, those actually were not shot in the Narrows of Zion NP, although I guess they do look pretty similar. These were shot in Buckskin Gulch in Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness. I did hike/wade the Virgin River Narrows in Zion from the Temple of Sinawava all the way past the end of Wall Street to Big Springs in 2007 though. I have some photos posted here... http://glacierparkchat.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =20&t=2113 ...I wish I had my newer camera back then!
Todd
Donator
Donator

Post by Todd »

Awesome piks Sean, good to see you on the chat page since school has slowed down. The Grand Canyon is a majestic place. Thanks.
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by calicotraveler »

Enjoyed seeing your Arizona photos! We took a trip to AZ and Utah several years ago and saw some of the places you did. I recognised Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly. We didn't get to Paria Canyon but I can see from your photos that it is a beautiful place! Isn't traveling great?! Thanks for sharing.
The mountains are calling and I must go.

Return to “Non-Glacier Photos”