Cosley Campsite to Bear Mountain Overlook

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

BombDiggityNate
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Cosley Campsite to Bear Mountain Overlook

Post by BombDiggityNate »

I scanned through what I could find on Bear Mountain Overlook and didn't find an answer, but my apologies if this has been asked and answered before:

What is the distance from the Cosley Lake Campsite to the spur trail junction for the Bear Mountain Overlook? We will be backpacking from Mokowanis Lake to Gable Creek on one of our days, and rather than hauling our packs all the way up to the overlook, I was thinking we could just string them up at the Cosley Campground, hike to the overlook, then backtrack to the campsite to grab our things before continuing to Gable Creek. But I don't want to do that if the backtracking would add too far a distance for our trek. Anybody know that distance?

Thanks in advance.
wnysteve
Donator
Donator

Re: Cosley Campsite to Bear Mountain Overlook

Post by wnysteve »

From the COS campground to the junction with the Bear Mountain Overlook trail is 0.7 mile (courtesy of Eric Molvar).
BombDiggityNate

Re: Cosley Campsite to Bear Mountain Overlook

Post by BombDiggityNate »

wnysteve wrote:From the COS campground to the junction with the Bear Mountain Overlook trail is 0.7 mile (courtesy of Eric Molvar).
Perfect, thanks!

Return to “Hiking”