hike to shaheeya or wahseeja lakes

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

McKee80
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

hike to shaheeya or wahseeja lakes

Post by McKee80 »

Hi,
Has anyone hiked to Shaheeya or Wahseeja Lakes from the Olson drainage (Janet Lake area)? I was looking at some maps and sat images and wondered if anyone had any ideas on routes

Thanks,
Sean
thorn726

Re: hike to shaheeya or wahseeja lakes

Post by thorn726 »

prsnally i have no idea but i have been searching for info on Numa Lake and found this guy.... he had no report for Numa but here is one for you.... http://glacierexplorer.com/2009/04/shaheeya-lake/
McKee80
Donator
Donator

Post by McKee80 »

Thanks, I did see that. Such a cool project. I plan on jumping in as many lakes as possible myself
distressbark

Post by distressbark »

thorn726 wrote:prsnally i have no idea but i have been searching for info on Numa Lake and found this guy.... he had no report for Numa but here is one for you.... http://glacierexplorer.com/2009/04/shaheeya-lake/
Marc is definitely who you should reach out to! He's a friend of mine and is a wonderful guy. I'm sure he would welcome the opportunity to share route information on how to access that area. He's spent a lot of time bushwhacking to infrequently visited lakes/basins throughout Glacier/Waterton!
- anders

"And what do the birds say? All there is to say about a massacre, things like Poo-tee-weet?"
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five
McKee80
Donator
Donator

Post by McKee80 »

Thanks! I'll try to get in touch with him. I think that project is one of the coolest things ever.

Return to “Hiking”