Book on the Mount Cleveland Five

Have you taken a great hike or want to? Post a note here about the various trails and hikes in the park.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Book on the Mount Cleveland Five

Post by llholmes1948 »

Link to article in the Flathead Beacon:

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2017/08/10/ch ... land-five/
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Book on the Mount Cleveland Five

Post by Ear Mountain »

I'm about halfway through reading this interesting book by Terry G. Kennedy. It is an interesting account of the climbing history in Montana from the 60s through the late 80s or early 90s. This is when most of the big stuff in Glacier was accomplished. Things like the North Face of Cleveland and the North Face of Siyeh. The book, however, is not just about the story of the death of five climbers who died in an avalanche on Mount Cleveland late in December 1969. It is more than that. If you're interested in how some of the climbing techniques and tools used today were developed and learned then I recommend reading this history. So far I've enjoyed it quite a bit.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by teapot57 »

I ordered this book through Amazon and am saving it for when I need a dose of Glacier over the winter months. :D
Jen

Post by Jen »

Ear Mountain wrote:I'm about halfway through reading this interesting book by Terry G. Kennedy. It is an interesting account of the climbing history in Montana from the 60s through the late 80s or early 90s. This is when most of the big stuff in Glacier was accomplished. Things like the North Face of Cleveland and the North Face of Siyeh. The book, however, is not just about the story of the death of five climbers who died in an avalanche on Mount Cleveland late in December 1969. It is more than that. If you're interested in how some of the climbing techniques and tools used today were developed and learned then I recommend reading this history. So far I've enjoyed it quite a bit.
Very Interested! Sounds like a good winter read! Thanks!
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by Ear Mountain »

You can order the Search for the Mount Cleveland Five online at http://www.lulu.com in either paperback or hardcover.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.

Return to “Hiking”