Success with Chalet reservations for 2022?

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Selkie
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Success with Chalet reservations for 2022?

Post by Selkie »

Sperry Chalet and Granite Park reservations opened earlier in January and, presumably, were filled rapidly.
Kevin noted another record-setting year for volume of requests received.
Granite Park Chalet seems to be adding guided interpretive hikes and workshops. Here's the schedule:
http://www.graniteparkchalet.com/workshops.php
Tibber's write-up of the Ahern geology hike was quite interesting.
Any Chatters trying for a chalet stay, with or without a workshop?
MarxMN
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: Success with Chalet reservations for 2022?

Post by MarxMN »

A member of our group was successfull in getting a Granite Park Chalet reservation for two nights for late July 2022. It also includes the geology hike to Ahern Pass - the same hike that Tibber described. We were there in 2021 as well but about 10 days earlier than Tibber and did not cross the Ahern Drift.

Bill
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator

Post by tibber »

I was unsuccessful. I had put in for the general Geology Workshop nites but was one of the unlucky ones due to technical difficulties getting on the site. Glad you got in Bill. You will LOVE the Ahern workshop. I'll still keep an eye on the reservations as we get closer to July, just in case something opens.

I know Tina and a few of her peeps were trying to get nites at Sperry but I don't know if they were successful.

I can't complain though; since last year I got almost everything I put in for that required permits. I am going to possibly try for some backpacking permits this summer. Still would like to do our Gunsight Lake backpack we couldn't do last summer. Fifty Mountain is my other Glacier bucket list wish.
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator

Post by teapot57 »

I put in a request for 5 people for 2 nights at Sperry, any time during the operating season, with the exception of two short carve out periods. I also said they could lower the number of people on the reservation to make something work. I had 671 people ahead of me and did not get a reservation.

Return to “Lodging”