Glacier Park in the 50s

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Glacier Park in the 50s

Post by tibber »

I was going through some pictures that I'm organizing and stumbled across this. My parents and grandparents went to Glacier a few times back in the day. That could be why I'm so drawn to this Park. Anyway, "Wow" what a bridge at Trick/Running Eagle Falls 1953: Image1953 07 Glacier - Trick Falls, Medicine Lk area (3)a by TibberProductions, on Flickr

and they had a flag there as well: Image1953 07 Glacier - Trick Falls, Medicine Lk area by TibberProductions, on Flickr
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Re: Glacier Park in the 50s

Post by brindledog »

These are fantastic. Thank you for sharing them. Pete has a couple of good old Glacier pics from his childhood, as well.
flatlander
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male

Post by flatlander »

Thank you! Interesting to see how the falls have changed over the last 70 years as the opening of the lower falls has enlarged.
tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator

Post by tibber »

oops, that is Cameron Falls. I knew something wasn't quite right and as I go thru old family photos, I realize that now. Sorry about the confusion.

Today I stumbled across another photo they took in 1953 near the Marias River bridge crossing and realized we had done the hike in 2017.

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”